The next project is on the way

Well I guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag. My next project is on the way to the Polish Ponderosa shops.

Vic

Attachments

• 41977-bodyunit25a.jpg
    41977-bodyunit25a.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 351
The car will have a Jaguar V-12 and not a Generic Motors 350 as some people have suggested! I will try to mahe it as authenic as possible, Smith instruments, Lucas and Jag lighting and a genuine Wooden English Steering wheel!
Vic
CAV 40
Wooden Car
65 Mustang
And a few more

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
"Lucas", you say - I hadn't realised that you were building the car for static display purposes only !!

My experiences with MG's & Jags have led me to avoid "The Prince Of Darkness" at all costs !!

Vic, I'm fascinated by the "Wooden Car" in your sign-off - any pics ?

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

I remember seeing a Cartoon in a bike magazine where the Astronauts would not board the space craft when they saw a sign posted on the bulkhead, "Electrics by Lucas".

Hi Victor,
I off loaded a unit at the shop last Thursday, here are some photos. No doubts about this XJ13 as a superb project! Good luck on finishing it . . . and keep the photos coming.

Best Regards
XJ13_1.jpg

XJ13_2.jpg

XJ13_3.jpg

XJ13_5.jpg

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
I'll bet that it has a fully fabricated and welded alluminium chassis---and those intermittent wipers along with Lucas flashing lights should elevate it's stance well into the 22nd century.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Denis - very tongue in cheek here, but you did ask for it :

Yes, I had both Lucas intermittant wipers & flashers in my old MGTD - the only problem being that Lucas hadn't actually invented them at that stage !!!! The fact that they were able to leverage off this "undocumented feature" to come up with a marketing edge is quite admirable !!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Ron Earp

Admin
Rich, beautiful cars and please keep us updated on the progress. If enough people are interested in the XJ13 I'll put a forum section up in the Misc section for the cars. I doubt there'd ever be enough following for a complete forum since it is so obscure, but you never know. Vic, glad you will use the V12 lump instead of a 350 - it'd be a damn shame to see such a beautiful car ruined with American V8 power. R

Rich, thanks for the vote of confidence. I will be using Lucas componants in the car, but I will make my own wiring harness with US style connectors as opposed to the Lucas Bullit stuff. I had a wiring harness go up in smoke on my new 1966 BSA bike. After I rewired it with the good stuff, I never had another problem. Infact about every Brit bike that was built in the 50s & 60s I did something to the electrics.

Vic

Hi Vick

that guy Fran is a bad influence, he makes you spend your money, drink to much, drags you off to race meetings, and make you wear hats to identify yourself to strangers.

V12 Jag with ZF is the way to go, I saw one of these at Tempero's in Newzeland, they had the bellhousing and fuel injection. Mind you Fuel injection on a V12 is 50% more trouble than on a V8.

Good luck with the new project, I will tell you about my Porsche soon

regards
Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
If enough people are interested in the XJ13 I'll put a forum section up in the Misc section for the cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Fran: plus too many projects to think about.....OH yes ALMOST FORGOT Lola T70 Mk 3B replica manufacturer.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Chris: I will tell you about my Porsche soon

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron - looks like there will be a number of "Misc sections" going up soon? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rob

Back