Engine/gearbox opinions please

I've been offered an engine/gearbox (not for a '40, to fit in a Cob, hence my "off topic" post) it is as follows...

"The item pictured is what Ford call a 'chassis drop' which is a complete power train unit ready to install in a chassis. These units are handbuilt by Ford SVO with a plate on the cam cover signed by the engine builder.
The assembly includes a 4.6 litre 32 valve V8 engine with all ancilliaries, a Tremec Tr3650 5 speed box, exhaust headers and front system with cats, wiring loom, ECU, instrument pod, fitting kit and even the ignition barrel and key. The engine was an order by Jensen for the SV8 and became surplus when Jensen went under.

The engine is rated at 325bhp as standard with all emissions equipment intact, but there is in excess of 400bhp available with minor mods. The same engine has been fitted by AC, Marcos, and Invicta amongst others."

I think it'd make an interesting motor for a Cobra, modern, (fairly) high performance. I don't know much about these engines so would be grateful for any advice/opinions.

Simon

Attachments

• 66814-4.6.3.JPG
    66814-4.6.3.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,843
Mike,
A COB is the same as a CSX Cobra. All Shelby Cobra serial numbers start with a three letter code. The COB was designated for international sale or shipped.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back