Lotus video

Sure hope those were dedicated race cars and not a "track day" event! His move thru the field was impressive, but if you watch closely, it looks like he "made room" for a couple of the passes by sacraficing his (and the other guys) left fender!

Not bad eh! This is a video of the "Lotus Trophy Series" here in Australia. The track is Mount Panorama, Bathurst. The cars are all identical Lotus Elises.
The driver, Dean Evans, is a Motor Magazine editor. Motor have had the Elise on a long term test, and Dean has been running it in selected rallies and race meets.
He sure did clean the field up on that first lap.
Motor magazine are soon going to do an article on the Elise conversions that my brother and i are doing. We put a Honda Integra (Acura) Trye R (2.0 litres) and a Jackson supercharger, into the Elise. Without touching the engine, we are producing 280hp or 300hp depending on the s/c pulley the customer wants. Let me tell you, this transforms the Lotus Elise into a real WEAPON. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

impressive but he did seem to have more power on tap, use some contact to make places and certainly knew the track better thatn the opponents looking at the speed differential through the bends - even so he was on it! Great video!!!

VERY impressive !
Thanks for posting the link.

His car doean't seem to be quicker than the others, just that he seems to brake later, and carry more corner speed (as well as cut a few by using the kerbs !)

Boy does that grid seem busy though. I would have thought it would be hard to avoid contact with that many cars in such close proximity.

Back