Crocodile hunter gone..

Steve Irwin die in Australia for a very rare fish poison attack.

Maybe his programs were a little too exagerate in manage dangerous animals, and this time nature had his revenge.

Rest in peace Steve, we will miss u:(

Paolo

Attachments

• steveirwin.jpg
    steveirwin.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 624

Ron Earp

Admin
Hate to see that. Sydney like to watch his shows for the animals he'd check out. However with some of the stuff he did it was a matter of time before a sasquatch or Loch Ness monster got him! :eek: Seemed like a really nice guy with a genunie love for nature and animals, may he rest in peace.

R

A very entertaining guy, very passionate about any of natures dangerous creatures, a real loss - RIP Steve.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
How about that stupid bird on channel seven last night? Khaki shirt, bloody lizard on her shoulder. Talk about a cynical grab for ratings, I wanted to throw a brick through the screen.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
My kids, too, enjoyed his antics. His choices may have not always been PC, but one cannot fault him for his bravery and technique. From what I heard on the news this fatal attack was not the result of anything Steve did--it was a fluke occurrance. Here is TX we "gig" for flounder, a flat fish that lies on the bottom like a sting-ray, and we learn to shuffle our feet as we walk in the shallow water--it serves as a warning to the stingrays that we are approaching and also functions to help us avoid stepping right on their backs. You'd be surprised how those stingrays can startle you--they seem to appear out of nowhere, as they use the sand from the bottom to cover themselves to facilitate their ambush style of feeding. It's possible Steve never saw what hit him since he was reported to be swimming on the surface of the water and the stingray may not have been visible below him.

RIP, Steve. We'll miss you!

Doug

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
One report that I heard said that a camera man squeezed the animal between he and Steve from below. The sting ray probably felt threatened with two people in such close proximity. Their normal reaction is to attack up like Doug said. Steve was on top and he got it. In the wrong place at the wrong time.

You had to admire his dedication and zeal!

Regards,
Lynn

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The crocodiles are crying.

THE CROCODILES ARE CRYING

Endless visions fill my head – this man – as large as life

And instantly my heart mourns for his angels and his wife

Because the way I see Steve Irwin – just put everything aside

It comes back to his family – it comes back to his pride

His animals inclusive – Crikey – light the place with love!

Shine his star with everything he fought to rise above

The crazy-man of Khaki from the day he left the pouch

Living out his dream and in that classic ‘Stevo’ crouch

Exploding forth with character and redefining cheek

It’s one thing to be honoured as a champion unique

It’s one thing to have microphones and spotlight cameras shoved

It’s another to be taken in and genuinely loved

But that was where he had it right – I guess he always knew

From his fathers’ modest reptile park and then Australia Zoo

We cringed at times and shook our heads – but true to natures call

There was something very Irwin in the make up of us all

Yes the more I care to think of it – the more he had it right

If you’re going to make a difference – make it big and make it bright!

Yes - he was a lunatic! Yes - he went head first!

But he made the world feel happy with his energetic burst

A world so large and loyal that it’s hard to comprehend

I doubt we truly count the warmth until life meets an end

To count it now I say a prayer with words of inspiration

May the spotlight shine forever on his dream for conservation

…My daughter broke the news to me – my six year old in tears

It was like she’d just turned old enough to show her honest fears

I tried to make some sense of it but whilst her Dad was trying

His little girl explained it best…she said “The crocodiles are crying”

Their best mate’s up in heaven now – the crocs up there are smiling!

And as sure as flowers, poems and cards and memories are piling

As sure as we’ll continue with the trademarks of his spiel

Of all the tributes worthy – he was rough…but he was real

As sure as ‘Crikey!’ fills the sky

I think we’ll miss ya Steve…goodbye

RUPERT McCALL 2006

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
An eloquent eulogy, Pete, simply elegant!

Doug

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes indeed, Rupert McCall is an ex top grade Rugby player and now full time poet, well known in Brisbane and Queensland, but will make his mark with the rest of the world if he keeps turning out stuff like this.

I found this on another forum and thought it was pretty good. I can just hear him...

if Steve could have narrated his death, it might have sounded like this.

"Here we we are on the Great Barrier Reef, and we've just seen a beautiful bull stingray! Let's get a closer look! Crikey, look at the size of her, isn't she wonderful? These are normally docile creatures, roaming the seabed for food. Look at her just glide along without any effort! Now, ya don't want to get to close, 'cause if they feel threatened, they've got this nasty barb on their tail, like a spear. She can flick her tail quicker than that and shoot that barb out... swoosh! You won't know what hit ya.

Alright, see that? I just got too close. She just hit me with the barb... wooo, it stings, and burns! I think it entered my chest cavity. I'm not mad at her, I was trespassing in her domain. It's something ya never want to do with these beautiful creatures. The cameraman must have spooked her. I'm gonna pull the barb out, but it's going to be tough. Her stinger has thousands of small hooks, up and down it's entire length. Once these babies get in ya, they latch-on and aren't coming out!

Alright, the barb is out, and look at the size of it! What a magnificent weapon for defense. On pullin' it out, it's ripped a giant hole in my heart, and I'm losing a lot of blood. It's a shame I had to break-off her barb, but it'll grow back. I'm just going to let her go on her merry way now. Beautiful"

RIP Steve.

Back