24h du Le Mans 2007

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Yes, might make it this year. A friend has some press/pit passes and I am trying to figure it out with the wife. Also may try to hit Goodwood as well.

Sandy

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Emiel,
There are two evenings of 'night qualifying' on Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th June which starts at 19hrs until midnight in two 2hour sessions with a 1 hour break from 21 hrs. Friday is the day off with loads to do in the city center, all of it associated with the race such as parades of various cars and the drivers in the teams for the 24 hr. Arnage village is also quite lively on Friday. Then its the main event on Saturday and Sunday with support races
from mid morning on Saturday and then the race which reverts to it's normal time of 16hrs instead of 17hrs as it was last year. Most of the hard core LM fanatics are there by the Wednesday afternoon but I should be there from Monday evening and departing again on Monday 18th.
I'll be there with my van.

Dave M

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
91740Gt said:
I,ll be there as part of the Gulf promotion team but this time with the 917.

Graham @ GTA/Gulf Oil UK.

I want to be your good friend :) I will definitly come on by to check out the 917

Sandy

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently Jacques Villeneuve will be driving this year on board the Peugeot V12 diesel 908, along with Sebastian Bourdais, Marc Gene, Stephane Sarrazin, Nicolas Minassian, and Pedro Lamy.
Sounds like a dream team - all good pedallers.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
GT40 entry at Le Mans 2008 says Autosport today.
Well, there's a bit more to it really - it's another 'look-a-like' . It's going to be labelled the GT-R and enter in the GT2 class. Team is Doran Racing headed by Kevin Doran. First outing should be Petit Le Mans this year followed by Sebring and LM 2008.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Here is the official dates and times for the 24 hr race

TEST DAY “24 HEURES DU MANS”
Friday 1st June 10.00 am to 6.00 pm: Sporting Checks and Scrutineering (Circuit)
Saturday 2nd June 9.00 am to 3.00 pm: Sporting Checks and Scrutineering (Circuit)
4.00pm: Drivers and Team Managers’ briefing
Sunday 3th June 9.00 am to 1.00 pm / 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm: Test day "24 Heures du Mans"

24 HEURES DU MANS
Monday 11th June 2.30 am to 6.00 pm: Sporting Checks and Scrutineering (Jacobins)
Tuesday 12th June 8.30 am to 5.00 pm: Sporting Checks and Scrutineering (Jacobins)
Wednesday 13th June 10.00 am : Team Managers’ briefing "24 Heures du Mans"
4.00 pm: Drivers’ Briefing "24 Heures du Mans"
7.00 pm to 9.00 pm: 1st qualifying practice session "24 Heures du Mans"
10 pm to midnight: 1st qualifying practice session "24 Heures du Mans"
Thursday 14th June 9.00 am to 1.00 pm: Sporting Checks and Scrutineering “Le Mans Legend” (Jacobins)
3.00 pm: Drivers’ Briefing “Le Mans Legend”
5.30 pm to 6.30 pm: Timed Practice Sessions “Le Mans Legend”
7.00 pm to 9.00: 2nd qualifying practice session "24 Heures du Mans"
10.00 pm to midnight: 2nd qualifying practice session "24 Heures du Mans"
Friday 15th June 10.00 am to 8.00 pm: Pitwalk
6.00 pm to 7.00 pm: Drivers’ parade (city centre)
Saturday 16th June 9.00 am to 9.45 am : Warm-up "24 Heures du Mans"
10.15 am: Race “Le Mans Legend"
3.22 pm: Beginning of starting procedure "24 Heures du Mans"
4.00 pm: Start of the 75th "24 Heures du Mans" race
Sunday 17th June 4.00 pm: Finish of the 74th race "24 Heures du Mans" race

That's a funny looking canopy, narrow and tall. Seems its at least 6" too tall, either that or they have a midget driving the thing? Compared to the full size mock-up which has better looking proportions, I wonder why?

The World Sportscar Masters Series is doing a support race this year so there will be classic GT40 and T70 action to enjoy too.

DArren

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Are you going to Le Mans or driving through France this year?
Just a word of warning: according to the motoring supplement in yesterdays Telegraph, any gps system with speed camera locating -
? Road Angel, Tom Tom, Garmin, and Roadpilot can all have them? the French Police CAN AND WILL exact a fine of £1000 and confiscate your car. The paper said the french police are getting really funny (about these devices). So hide it somewhere out of sight, set up a remote antenna on your bonnet or somewhere inconspicuous, and run a slave speaker somewhere (under the seat ?).OR - leave it at home. There's nothing funny about the french police at all. They seem to have draconian powers as one of them explained to me last year at Le Mans while they breathalized me.( Any trace of alcohol on his meter would have seen me going to a local hospital for a blood test and my car would be impounded, most likely destroyed, then their judicial system takes over).
Dave M

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
"The World Sportscar Masters Series is doing a support race this year so there will be classic GT40 and T70 action to enjoy too".

Apparently there will be 60+ cars entered into this support event. Probably timing will be on Saturday morning going into lunch time as I believe the track has to be swept again prior to the 24h due to complaints about kitty litter a couple of years ago caused by a support event.

Last edited:
Back