Rare 351 Cleveland Heads

We just bought a Everett-Morrison Cobra with a rare set of cleveland heads.
They use the valve covers as a rocker arm stud girdle. They are cast as ford motorsports heads but we can't find any info on them. Thanks:)

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
The valve cover and head are 2 different components, the valve covers were early Motorsport Stud girdle/valve covers and if I remember right had oiling passages in them. They would attach to any Cleveland, that's why I pointed that out. That is rare, but the heads may be more standard issue. If you want more exact info on the valve covers, you can contact me offline and I can give you more of the details on them. They were the hot set-up at one time and I had thought they were being re-introduced. Initially I think it was about 1985 when they were released.

Nothing real special about them, have a new set floating round here somewhere with instruction sheet. Came as kit with long rocker studs that protrude thru top of rocker cover and use an acorn nut and rocker ball type washer to act as a girdle on each stud. While in theory they should work in practice I found them to be a pain as studs would deflect slightly when the acorn nut was tightened and change lash & rocker tip/valve stem patterns slightly.

PN at time was M-6582-A351 ( Cover ) and M-6527-A351 ( Stud,pilot,washer,acorn nut--- 16 reqd )

If you want them for the looks only just use normal length studs and epoxy or bolt the acorn nuts permanently into the cover. Makes life a lot less stressful at lash time and clevelands have to run a fairly radical cam before they require stud girdles etc.

Jac Mac

Back