Aborted Jas honda civic car

With a big sadness I post this video, probably taken at Estoril last february.
All the crew there are my friends from Jas,I knew they were all working on the brand new 2007 wtcc car (and that should be a GREAT and competitive car).Unfortunately, at the middle of march they had to sell the car (to russians from what I've heard) and all the wtcc program with honda was completely aborted.
After 4 long months of hard work is too sad to see all your pain loaded on a truck to go somewhere in est europa.:(
That was volountee of Honda managment, they didnt thrust in wtcc champ any longer,probably due to cost increase and lack of interest if compared to other nicer and too spectacular tourism championship (overall the wonderful australian v8..cheaper, nicer, longer...),and their own JTCC champ.

YouTube - Honda Civic Euro Type-R Rally Car

In less than 20 days they had to remake from the ground....a rallye car:confused: that will race in the IRC serie,because Honda wants to compete with all other japanese rallymakers (will be hard versus mitsubishi and subaru).
The scenery is deeply changed now,cause before they had pilots paying..now they have to search a GOOD pilot and hope he will race (payed) with the new civic.
Renato Travaglia should be the pilot...but in his forum he (obviously) admit he will be in Jas team only if the car will be a winning one.
No champion will race just to do that...not at his level.
Travaglia is a WRC level pilot,and several times in the past he was a great opponent for guys as the godalike Loeb and Groholm.

Hard times for the guys in jas,wish theme the best luck

Back