Phone Phishing!!!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I got an automated phone call about 20 minutes ago from the Capital One Fraud Department - it was asking for my son.. Knowing that neither my son nor I have a Capital One account - I became suspicious and hung up.
I got on the web and found a phone number for Capital One that finally let me talk to a human (that took 15 minutes alone)..
This is the number I called 1-800-955-7070 and I spoke with Danielle...
I informed Danielle that I had just rec'd a call from an automated machine that announced that it was Capital One Fraud Detection and they needed me to enter numbers indicating if Jacob was available. I listened to the options a couple of times while thinking about how cunning crooks can be. I hung up.
I gave Danielle the phone number on my Caller ID (617) 231-2039 and she confirmed that it was not a Capital One phone number and that they had received other complaints such as mine. She said that it was, indeed, a scam.
I just wanted my Brothers-in-Grease to be aware of some of the latest trickery out there...
Beware!!!

I got a call from Holiday Inn saying I just won a free vacation from a card I filled out last year. I told him where to put his vacation! I got the Pay Pal one last week. Is Capt. One going to call next? Man! it never ends!

Back