Ferrari law team strikes back

:mad: ..as previously mentioned this happened again.
The last 17 march we hd an expo in our "novegro" field (a commercial expo area really close to Linate airport) and we had again the "show" from ferrari royalty group.

They arrived there,with 20 policemans and arrested people selling cars in 1/43 scale.:mad:
Today newspaper "corriere della sera" also made a long article about this strike,and all is written in the uglyiest way journalist can do that (fake items...BS copies...and so on..)
This is the fifth time I've seen this happening..and we are talking of scale models.....CAZZO!

They are now talking about penaly around 20.000 euros for the dealers.:confused:
For too many workers in this sector this will mean nearly surely the end of the activity.

Seems thos f***ing people allows only ferrari store to sell red items..and oblige people to buy ferrari items at a 30% extra price(I sell ordinary ferrari licensed items...but wonder why in milano's ferrari store ALL is up to 30% higher than me).

really begin to be full of this:mad:

Keith

Welcome to the "free" market economy!

As the man once said - "You can have the buildings, the cars, the machinery, the furniture, I'll just keep the Brand".

It may seem a little harsh, but that's where Ferrari's true value lies and should be protected, naturally.

If anyone used a brand belonging to me without paying the proper royalty or having the appropriate permission I would have them shut down for sure.

Paulo, "CAZZO", that's a very naughty word isn't it? Isn't that what the girls have in Rimini? ;)

Paulo, I think Keith has really brought it down to the point.
It may seem harsh and one must certainly bear in mind that legal consequences for smaller dealers seem to be totally out of proportion.

But on the other hand, who is to determine where the limits of exploiting other company`s brands are? They represent a real economic value for which the affected companies have often spent millions.
By looking at chinese companies faking american and european industrial goods and brands the national economies are suffering billions in damages every year.
Again, one must seriously reconsider the proportion of legal consequences in relation to the kind of brand violation but what would you think about you having gained a excellent reputation with your model shop and another guy in town opening a shop with your name and your colors 2 streets away?

Best,
Marcus

I agree with the idea to save Ferrari history and name..but Holy God..we are talking of the production of 10...20 scale model kits (at a skill level that can be compared oh how to have a wonderful gt40 starting from kva kit..the same difficult,usually also sold at incredible prices for such items cause too rare and too nice...miles and miles forward minichamps level to have an idea).
What I hate in ferrari staff is the demostration of power they ALWAYS have to show...looking at policemans claiming small artist there as chinese workers (and usually all those hands are the one that refused work for ferrari..at an incredible level of skill..).
It is as to see some old street artist painting a mona lisa..and looking at people arresting theme.

This is a soo ugly behave only ferrari has.
In my street I have a Lambo dealer and "THE" milano mercees benz, and nobody has such problems over model kits (more..they ask me to provide models for their expo..).
It is possible this is ONLY with ferrari?
That is why I am so happy guys as Fran can do their wonderful artjob in America. Will be possible to get to prison for such?..and what we are talking about?..the recreation of a legendary ferrari?...and in scale.:confused:

Is really a too ugly behave, and a way they have since many years to be loved and hated at the same time.

This is typically italian

What I hate in ferrari staff is the demostration of power they ALWAYS have to show...looking at policemans claiming small artist there as chinese workers (and usually all those hands are the one that refused work for ferrari..at an incredible level of skill..).
It is as to see some old street artist painting a mona lisa..and looking at people arresting theme.

It is possible this is ONLY with ferrari?
That is why I am so happy guys as Fran can do their wonderful artjob in America. Will be possible to get to prison for such?..and what we are talking about?..the recreation of a legendary ferrari?...and in scale.:confused:

Is really a too ugly behave, and a way they have since many years to be loved and hated at the same time.

This is typically italian

Paolo
Typical italian arrogant attitudes towards the small guy, and deference to the more powerful....Medieval times are back..or maybe they never left Italy!!!

Regarding others artwork, you can still rework a design to make it less recongnisable as the original..........and stop lawyers at bay.

You could even improve over the original design, like some of the manufacturers have done here.

Ciao
Italo

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I love you Dearly Paolo, (as a man of course) but in this I agree with Keith and Marcus, brand protection and intellectual property protection is all important to the original designer/manufacturer. And sure powerful companies sometimes catch the little guy who does no harm in their web.
But they have a right to protect their design, look at the damage that has been done to Rolex for instance, by unscrupulous people making fake Rolex's.
A $30.00 Rolex, everyone who has been too Hong Kong has one. If you are in the market for a genuine one, how do you know you are getting one other than by visiting the factory and watching (no pun intended) them from the production line.
Pay Ferrari their royalty with joy my friend, people want to buy the genuine article.;)

Second thought,
The foregoing might sound a little hypocritical coming from one who has a reproduction/copy/replica of a Gt40. The difference is of course the Gt40 is no longer being manufactured by the original manufacturer.

Last edited:
Only if authorized by Ferrari. No one sells a Ferrari replica. They make subtle changes and call it something different. Ferrari is notorius for it's brand protection.

Now, you can build a clone of a Ferrari for yourself. But if they get wind that you are going to sell kits, they will be all over you like ticks on a hound.

Bill D

I love you Dearly Paolo, (as a man of course) but in this I agree with Keith and Marcus, brand protection and intellectual property protection is all important to the original designer/manufacturer. And sure powerful companies sometimes catch the little guy who does no harm in their web.
But they have a right to protect their design, look at the damage that has been done to Rolex for instance, by unscrupulous people making fake Rolex's.
A $30.00 Rolex, everyone who has been too Hong Kong has one. If you are in the market for a genuine one, how do you know you are getting one other than by visiting the factory and watching (no pun intended) them from the production line.
Pay Ferrari their royalty with joy my friend, people want to buy the genuine article.;)

Second thought,
The foregoing might sound a little hypocritical coming from one who has a reproduction/copy/replica of a Gt40. The difference is of course the Gt40 is no longer being manufactured by the original manufacturer.

eheh, Thank u for loving me Pete:D (as man..sure)
Being italian I also want to save the ferrari, but when they act this way seems just a exhibition.
And we are talking only of few guys able to reproduce very very strange Ferraris, not produced just because less attractive than wellknown models (but anyway under royalty),and almost all from the 50s 60s..when the ferrari was still nothing so special (neither the red was the same one...just a deep deep red, cause THAT red was alfa romeo property).

:confused: it is possible now I am scared to have the unique model of Gilles Villeneuve 126c2 from studio 27?..old kit without royalty label on the box, in 1/20, with a real aluminium chassis inside.
Its Gilles car, out of production...I love gilles and all his stuff..will fight to death for this:mad: ..

Paulo
You are safe. Ferrari won't go after someone with a model in their home. But if you tried to sell them at a car show, they will likely come after you.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
We have a guy in Brisbane called McDonald who has a fast food outlet and put a sign up outside his shop advertising "Macca's" burgers the best in town".
McDonalds went after him. Corporate overkill for sure. I dont know the outcome but I suspect he would not have deep enough pockets to fight the corporate lawyers.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
So by that logic is a scale model (or even full size replica) of an older Ferrari ok?

I Don't know, I am not a lawyer:pepper:but the older Ferrari would be the intellectual property of Ferrari and they would want royalties assuming they gave permission for the model/replica to be built.
Look at the waves created by Shelby for instance.

Last edited:
Back