ENZO Crash Part "Doh"

I wonder what the guy standing on the other side of the Jersey barrier thought of the accident? Did he get any good pictures?

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
That bit of driving was sure entertaining....but wait, that's what the celebs do isn't it?

Pete

Howard Jones

Supporter
THAT my friends is panic!!! Both feet tangled up in the pedals, power on the rear wheels, and front brakes locked ALL at the same time!!!!!! If the idiot is gonna kill something it might as well be the red headed devil. Geeze

Brian Stewart
Supporter
His explanation was that he ran over a cone that became stuck under his front wheels, partially lifting them off the ground. Hmm....

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
By the time he hit the cone, he was already destined to meet the wall!

Don't often get to see video of the red mist in action.......................

Now they say the Enzo is a write-off....and I would assume NO insurance coverage as it was on track, unless the producer had the special "on-track" coverage with the HUGE deductible!

Rick

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The cone bounced off the front left and was never a factor. JJ Lehto hit the wall in the 97 Le Mans at 0800 hrs (fell asleep going into the main start straight) and then had to do one more lap . It looked quite minor until they srtipped the ancilliares away and Gordon Murray had a look at it - the c/f tub was trashed and this Enzo clip would seem to be major by comparison. I doubt it is repairable.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
That was pretty entertaining.

He is a pretty funny guy and I was pleased to see his reponse was in character.

Bottom line here to me is that if you don't want you car trashed then don't give someone else the keys.

As an Auto Dealer let me assure you that that car is repairable. IMHO even if the car was not as valuable as it is, I would think that the chassie is not a write off. Looking at the video, yes the hit is hard and I know how hidden damage works but even if the cost to repair was 500k that still leaves a lot or reasons not to total the car. Yes the Enzo is a supercar but it still is Fed certified road car with the required crush structure designed in.

Just think of all the GT40's that are far from as strong have come back from the grave.

Peter

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Peter,
The machinations of the 2nd hand /used car market is a wonder to verybody not involved. The McLaren F1 GTR I spoke of earlier was for sale in Autosport 6 months later. Almost anything (non aeroplane) can be rebuilt and yes there have been a few -40's with less than honourable pedigrees that have sprung up seemingly out of the earth.
I think this car will be on it's way in a container to Modena and not much more will be heard about it until its deemed serviceable again reappears in Romania or some such. I don't know this to be fact but would be interested what happens to it, though I doubt Ferrari in the USA will disclose. Which brings me back to my first comment "The machinations of the 2nd hand etc etc...".

Back