my gulf helmet

boring sunday afternoon..so I started to paint my helmet.

any tip is wellcome,maybe will be cool add also Gulf shields to both helmet side...or no?

Attachments

• DSC00186.jpg
    DSC00186.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC00183.jpg
    DSC00183.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC00182.jpg
    DSC00182.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 380

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
That's cool, just make sure your only caught wearing it while in the 40 :)

Sandy

surely will add the gulf shields, just asking myself if maybe better 2 small lateral or a big one on the back.

Its just a test, done with airbrush..but I want to do something nice and in pure gt40 style, also if I noted '60s helmets didnt had so nice graphics (neither Jim clark helmet was so nice...the same for graham hill one..)
The stripes are done with gunze color (the gulf blue was done mixing h45 light blue with an entire bottle of h2 gloss white),and the paint is perfect also if u apply stickers on it (made a previous test with smaller stripes and computer made gulf shields..but the sticker didnt fit properly on the round surface of the helmet..and was a BIG shield).

Surely will come nicer if shiled will be painted on it..or maybe I can use the shields of a real car (but think the previous problem will be back..).

ah..question:
How can u apply theme on the cars without "air bubbles" on curved parts?

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, add shields. Both sides. A GT40 is unique and not seen much. It will give you a great prop to promote the 40 in Italy.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
While you're adding shields, how about a Gurney Bubble???

Dugly

Paolo --

This is the best I could find that shows the horseshoes is a diecast model of #1075 (right your alley anyway). If I did this right, it should be enclosed...

Attachments

• 68LMp3.jpg
    68LMp3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 213
Back