"Lest We Forget!"

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
The fallen, of the Australian and New Zealand army corps. (ANZAC) during the first world war at Gallipoli, etc. (our commemeration day 25/April)
"Ooroo Digger".

It strikes me, that in all the major conflicts of the past that "they" only send the young, very brave and fit(men) to slog it out-- so that the meek and mild shall inherit the earth . Nowadays most of the communities resources are spent dealing with the mental and physical issues of the remnants. Therefore, I wonder what it would be like if it was the other way round ?:confused:

(why is everyone pointing guns at me? ):eek:

25 aprile,grazie ragazzi..

being italian I think I have to say thank u to all allied forces fighting here for our freedom.
I sometime visit the war cemetery we have in Coriano (Rimini, Gothic line),just to say a pray over the thumb of those soldiers, arrived from every corner of the world and loosing there their life, for other freedom.
And read the places they are from..and the age they had.
Too many from Usa, Australia, New zZealand, UK, Poland, Russia, Greek, all there....resting in peace,also near to some very few german thumbs, all united by the foolish of a war.

Probably that world was too different than today one,do not think the feeling is the same,neither for people and neither for soldiers cause I think modern wars are not for freedom, but for money.
Only I know...if today I live in a free country and can say my ideas,it is also for the sacrifice of those brave guys.

Thank u all.:eek:

No matter what your feelings towards wars/governments/dictators etc. It's good to remember those who have given their lives that we may live in freedom.
I'm always saddened by the pitifully small numbers of locals who attend our local rememberance day service (rememberance sunday) and the scum last year that walked past DURING the two minute silence (held outside our local church) swearing loudly on his phone. NO respect
This

“They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.”

Makes me blub like a baby.

Simon

Laurence Binyon

Chris,

Thankyou for reminding us all of ANZAC day. My grandfather, an Englishman, served with the Anzacs and luckily survived, and i still have his badges to remind me of him and all who served.

Thankyou once again.

Graham.

Back