Moto GP 2007

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
:pepper: It looks like being an interesting year, so I thought I'd start it off.
Casey or Valentino? Yamaha or Ducati?

Or someone else?

Last edited:

HILLY

Supporter
:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Well done Casey !!!!

rockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmile

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Well done Casey !!!!

rockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmile

nah nah nah...doesnt work if u have the fastest (and nicest) ducati desmodronica ever mande:D (up to 20km/h faster in straights)

Casey is ok...but "valentaino is always valentaino";)..as Mick Doohan said at the time.

..and now all the circus will be back in old Europe and we will see

P.s (I am always happy..both for valentaino and for casey..cause there is even something italian winning:pepper: )

I have to say (with a bit of Australian bias) that I'm not that sure that it's necessarily the Ducati that's giving Stoner the edge over Valentino. If you compare the team mates of both riders (Edwards and Capirossi), you'll see that the Yamaha rider is ahead of the Ducati rider in the championship. Yes the Ducati has the straight line speed, but is it the whole package? I think we might just have to consider that Stoner is that good. ... as I said, a bit of Aussie bias there :)

Last edited:
:D it is clear Casey is too better than Capirex.
He is old (1 yr older than me..mamma mia..Paolo..u are old:confused: )has a new baby arrived since few months, and a too nice swedish wife:D ....or simply slower than his new teammate.

"Rolling Stoner" is definitely faster, only 22 and finally he has the fastest bike ever done by Ducati.
In after race interview Valentino said he never found a so fast bike before...will be a good challenge this year:pepper:

Val is the greatest of his era for sure, no boubt. But it is hard to maintain that superiority year after year. Val is making some mistakes starting last year and to a level that he did not before. That off in Bahrain (?) at 180mph Faaaaaaackkkhhh (good thing it's a F1 track so he could recover on all that green color pavement beyond the strip of fake grass) One of the cool things about bike racing is the rider can 'drag' a shit bike to the front. Val has always been able to show his skill (and will to win) no matter what is written on the side of the tank. Casey has been awesome so far, it will be hard to be consist for the whole year but hey, he just a kid! (looks like 13 years or something, where's his Mommy?) and that Ducati? Making the other boys look like they built 600s by mistake, Ohhhps. My engine builder works for Ducati North America so I haft'a say........Go Casey!

and Go Nicky! (somebody please get that boy a 990 again)

Valentino is the greatest rider of all time. He is able to consistently ride his bike on the ragged edge of control in a way that no other rider can. Sure there are a number of young hot shots who will beat him from time to time when their machine suits a particular circuit but over a season on an even half decent bike and you've got to back Valentino.

Having said that I think that Casey has bought a refreshingly open and honest attitude which is great to see as there has been an element of F1 style "sponser speak" creeping in with some of the guys, most unwelcome. Also he is one very quick jockey.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Val, the greatest of all time?
Now that is a big call, I think some might argue with that including Mr Doohan, Mr Agostini and Mr Sheene.
I agree he is the greatest of his generation but all time?

Paolo, I'm with you, there is a long way to go and Europe is a different ball game. Also we know The Doctor will never give up.

It should be an exciting season.:pepper: :pepper:

Agree with u Pete (as usual).
But also agree Valentino cant be considered the greatest of every time, just the best of the modern era.

My personal best always will remain Giacomo Agostini, and his incredible victories at Tourist Trophy,when it was part of the world championship (he won 13 times there...:eek: ).That is the Nurburgring for motorbikes;)

That Ducati is anyway really too nice...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Here is one tough Aussie,:eek:

Chris Vermeulen has revealed that he lost half a toe during a qualifying crash at the Chinese GP, then rode on to claim a seventh-place finish. The Australian collided with Loris Capirossi towards the end of qualifying, but was believed to be uninjured.
However, Vermeulen said he lost the top half of the fourth toe on his right foot when his boot was caught under his bike.
"I don't need any stitches or surgery because the end of my toe was burnt when is was grinding on the road in the crash and that sealed the wound," he said.
"My toe-slide got trapped under the bike and ripped the boot open. I scraped the skin off the top of my little toe but the end of my fourth toe got sliced off, including the whole toenail.
"Luckily I didn't grind any of the bone anyway."
The Suzuki Grand Prix man then revealed that he refused painkillers, not believing the injury to be serious.
"I got some treatment and it didn't get that painful until I had to ride in the race and then I really felt it," said Vermeulen.
"It's my right foot, which I use for the brakes, and I didn't want to numb my foot and then not be able to feel the brakes.

think also Troy Bayliss lost a toe in Donington GP (and Capirossi too some years ago).

Bikers are definitely REAL warriors. (U guys should see live the arrival of superbikers in "prima variante" in Monza track...from 340 km/h to 20 :eek: on ONE wheel..)
Soo far and far away from ladies in formula 1boomsmile

Back