Another petition to the UK Government

There is a real threat that the EU are pressuring the UK Government to ban all cars over 10 years old, and some cities ( Edinburgh for one ) are actively looking at banning older cars from city centres. There is currently a petition to the PM against this, see http//petitions.pm.gov.uk/Classic-cars and sign up.

Thanks Frank

I signed against this additional lunacy.
What ever next?

Regards

Chris Melia
PS. a British ethnic minority, an old car driver.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
There is a real threat that the EU are pressuring the UK Government to ban all cars over 10 years old, and some cities ( Edinburgh for one ) are actively looking at banning older cars from city centres. There is currently a petition to the PM against this, see http//petitions.pm.gov.uk/Classic-cars and sign up.

I assume a committee of tree hugging brown cardigan wearing bearded bureaucrats have come up with this gem of stupidity:mad:
Tell the EU to stick it up their collective pimply arses.

Pete the trouble is that they could not find there collective arses with both hands in a hall of mirrors.
Too many rules and regulations why don't they focus more important issues.

Regards

I am ashamed for those people who suggest these idiot rules.Is it really so hard for some people to see how much other people enjoy live with things like older cars.Why are we paying our leading people so extremely much to do so extremely little and if they do something why is it mostly Stupid.There are no words to really express what I feel by these idiots.Emiel

Mike Pass

Supporter
I too have just signed up. What is it with these people? Perhaps we should recycle the politicians and bureaurocrats instead of old cars and solve the manure shortage at the same time.
Mike

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I signed up today as well, and passed the link on to my colleagues & friends, many who have also already signed up. Still only 6,336 this afternoon, but hopefully people will continue to sign up & pass on to others. At least we have until March next year to get a few hundred thousand (or even a few million?)

Cheers,

Max

Just added mine too - at first I thought it was a joke....
Surely some of these government cronies (or their wives/kids/servants) own older cars? It's a ludicrous suggestion.

Everybody must sign!!

Mark

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Its a great shame this petition is restricted to only British residents or citizens as this affects everyone the world over and could be used as an example to begin introducing these bans in other countries.

I personally would sign up immediately if it would be allowed.

Apart from the historical and enjoyment aspects of our older vehicles why should we be forced to scrap an older vehicle that has been maintained in perfect and legal condition.

Not everyone has the means to afford new cars every few years not to mention the huge loss of money a new car costs and loses the moment it is driven out of the showroom.

Consider the enormous windfall to the government in the form of new car taxes the government would receive if this law were to be instituted.
I dare say this would be large factor they would be considering in accepting such a proposal.

Dimi

When I moved to London four years ago, I took my just restored 1970 Mustang convertible with me. Just before I left I sold it to a chap who has become a dear friend. Now that I am back in the US and travelling to London monthly, he makes a point of driving it into the city and picking me up for dinner. I sent him the link and he is really upset. This is real horse dookie! He has circulated it to the crew that used to hang out at Ace Cafe, so there should be more people signing.

What is this world coming to?:mad:

Back