Some Group C Cars

Malcolm

Supporter
Recently I took my Prosport to a garage to have some work done on the gearbox. Never used this garage before but the guy was recommended. Imagine my delight when I wandered in and saw this.....

Attachments

• IMG_3044a.jpg
    IMG_3044a.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_3052a.jpg
    IMG_3052a.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3045a.jpg
    IMG_3045a.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_3051a.jpg
    IMG_3051a.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 366
me neither Malc, just I know sometimes those beauty are for sale in Uk and prices are not stellar as down here or in Germany.
If u can..maybe try look if the bodyshell of the 962 and 956 was carbon fiber or fiberglass.
I think it was fiberglass, cause should be only the dauer to have the carbon body, but I am not so sure..

Last edited:
me neither Malc, just I know sometimes those beauty are for sale in Uk and prices are not stellar as down here or in Germany.
If u can..maybe try look if the bodyshell of the 962 and 956 was carbon fiber or fiberglass.
I think it was fiberglass, cause should be only the dauer to have the carbon body, but I am not so sure..

Soldatino....
I show you a 962 made from my friend Jochen Dauer, street homologated with 730 BHP and capable of 404 km/h.
Crazy Jochen, the best.
Ciao
Wanni

Attachments

• gelb1.jpg
    gelb1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 278
  • schwarz2.jpg
    schwarz2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 283
Soldatino....
I show you a 962 made from my friend Jochen Dauer, street homologated with 730 BHP and capable of 404 km/h.
Crazy Jochen, the best.
Ciao
Wanni

I forgot the most important thing.......Le Mans winner in 1994.
Of course it is carbon fiber.
Ciao
Wannstein

wee ciao mitiko,
yes, I well remember Dauer 962 and its incredible performance.
Just i dunno if the original previous porches were already in carbon fiber or not (as 1983 stefan bellof car)looking at some 956/962 crashes the body seems in fiberglass...thats why I asked Malc to go there... BROKE a piece:D and tell us more....ihihihih

Malcolm

Supporter
Sorry guys, not due up there again in the near future and hopefully won't have a need to go as my car will be reliable!!!!! However from what I remember it did not look like carbon fibre on the cars.

Back