Need feedback on Smeding Performance:

I am thinking on pulling the original 289 out of the Cobra, putting it aside to save it, and replacing it with a crate engine. I have been on Smeding Performances web site, and they have a 347" with 405HP for under $7K.

I would appreciate any comments from anyone that has experience with this company.........and/or.........suggestions from other sources of supply for a good crate engine.

Or................, anyone that has a crate engine that needs to be gone, please let me know what you have. Keep in mind, I will not be doing any racing......mostly street.

Ron, I know you have a top of the line engine, but I was hoping to get an engine for a little less.

Thanks in advance for your help and information,

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Gary,

For what it's worht, another option may be Keith Craft. If I remember correctly, they had a 306 in the $5500 range.

By the way, how you feelin these days? Is the better half back to creating work lists for you? :)

T.

Pat: Thanks, positive feedback is always good.

Scott: Ron's engine would be something I would consider for a GT40, but a bit much more than I am after for a street engine in the Cobra.

Dutton: I will check out Keith Craft. Sounds like something closer to what I am after.

Friday marked my 5th day of Chemo. Wednesday and Friday were both bad days. Alot of uncomfortable times. But right now, OK. Each day is an experience.

Thanks for asking.

Back