'Popped' any chicken joints recently??

What the hell am I talking about you're probably wondering.....

Well, a little tale, of my stupidity today....:eek:

I've always considered myself reasonably strong (strength that is, not smelling....I hope....)

So when Roy used to say to me do it 'F-Tight', I used to ask, 'F Tight?, or 'Kin Tight' - as one is much more than the other....:D

Anyway, since my on-going weight-loss, I've found a couple of disadvantages to my new lesser 'padded / weighty' self

1) when leading my wife's horse about - I used to be able to hold him much easier if he tried to pull away, whereas now, I get dragged about a bit and he's sussed it already....(little sod!)

2) My excess weight/padding made some of the more labour intensive motor related operations a little easier, where weight could be used to undo / shift / bend or whatever needed to be 'adjusted'.

SO, the 'popping sound'?? - well after one such attempt to put my body weight to use today, the popping sound was my lower two right hand ribs, as I managed force my own fist through them! :eek: - oops!!

4 hours in QA Portsmouth A&E - departing with a large box of Co-Codamol, I'm now looking I suspect to an uncomfortable sleep tonight.....:( and probably for a few more yet....

So do I get a 'Darwin award'? - for being a certified idiot...?

ps - Frank - see ya tomorrow morn at Goodwood, painkillers permitting..;)

Last edited:

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Paul,

Sounds like one of those, "It only hurts when I laugh (or cough, sneeze, breath, move or .......)" situations.

Hope the loss of mass also means quicker recoveries!

Regards,
Lynn

Back