Talk Talk, UK phone provider

Signed up for talk talk. The service was supposed to go live on the 15th....no phone or broadband access. Called them on the 16th, 17th and today the 18th but still no joy. Tried to cancel but was told I would have to pay a £70 "disconnection" fee.
The whole " I've not been connected yet so how can you charge to disconnect me" argument does not wash with them apparently.
I would quite accept paying the fee (it was in the small print) if I was halfway through my contract, but before I've even used their service?
GREAT customer service!
Think VERY carefully before signing up with Talk Talk.

Simon

Simon,

I have two lines with TalkTalk and it took some time before they got the first service up. It took even longer to get the broadband up, but the company is as good as gold.

I cannon complain. Better than BT (infact they rent lines from BT in bulk and sell them on).

I was able to move AOL over to talk talk so I get the AOL software free and it doesn't cost me a penny.

Best
Dom

Hi Simon,

I just started work with the Carphone Warehouse in Warrington today training as a customer service advisor on the mobile phone side.

Today was my first day but already the emphasis has been on looking after the customer and going the extra mile for them.

Being a very new boy obviously I cannot promise anything but I will ask tomorrow if there is anything that can be done and will get back to you.

Regards

Nick

Finally connected after 10 days with no phone or internet access.
I'm leaving talktalk (surprise)
But they are refusing to refund the £29. for the modem because it was not returned within 7 days of the 6th of June (when they say it was delivered)
Despite the fact that they were not due to connect me until the 15th (9 days later) and they didn't actually connect me until the 26th!
Don't you just love customer services?
ps, when you call their premium rate 0870 number, they take 15 mins to answer, when you call their 0800 number (free call) they answer in seconds....funny that!

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
for £99 - £70 plus £29, I would consider a small claims case against them.

charging for goods not supplied is tantamount to fraud, in my books.
Wonder what any legal peeps on here have to say?

Back