Danger water melon

A week ago I was a happy boy. I had just come back from a week in Portugal with 3 friends from work - all women!

It was a right laugh - I had been on hols with a load of blokes before but this was a new one. I am 54, Cheryl was 44, Kate 34 and Emma 24. We all work in tv and borrowed a villa from another friend. While I was there best mate Kate threw a water melon at me. I was drinking wine and the glass in my hand shattered cutting my finger. It bled a lot and curtailed my sun cream applying duties, which was a shame, but started to heal pretty well.

Got back to England very excited as after a sporadic 3 year partial rebuild my GT40 was ready to go back on the road - just waiting for a pair of silencers to be completed. (This after she was fired up on the old exhaust and all the car alarms for 100 yards went off....).

Cycling to take Kate out to dinner last week I was cut up by a lorry and had to brake hard. As I pulled on the lever there was a snap and my cut finger would no longer move!

Went to see the doc the next morning and 3 hours later I was having surgery. Who says our National Health Service is crap! Had a 2 hour op under general anaesthetic.

They re attached a bust tendon but now I am not allowed to use my right hand for 8 weeks! Can't drive and certain, er, ablutions are a challenge!

So the return of the GT40 is on hold.... my advice? Watch out for water melons....!

Back