surprise..

this morning I found my golf 4 with an big pin inside a fw wheel.
Being member of this forum I have some personal best timings in changing wheels (to all the cars..in less than 3 minutes...) but when fixing the new one had an ugly surprise:eek: ...the 5 holes of the new wheel were different..and looking carefully I also found the audi logo on it.:squint:

I dunno if that was wrongly placed by someone else during a previous owner check (she was a very nice rich italian lady...selling the 2001 golf 4 at 40.000 km for a new Mini cooper, I've payed the car 5000 dollars, a bargain I think).
It is strange cause the tyre on that wheel is really brand new (so if a mafioso change I should found a nearly gone tyre there..)
Now have a spare audi wheel...and cant use the car until tomorrow cause today is sunday.:mad:
The convertible bmw is in garage without insurance:eek: .
The 1965 Vespa I have is in Rimini....
I have also tried to mount the BBS 17 inch wheel and slick tyre saved from Honda WTCC car:D but that has a 9.5 channel (maybe good for a gt40..)

Will lay down in sofa and look at Silverstone race then...:lurker:

It is always raccomended to look CAREFULLY also at such small details when u buy a car..

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I guess you can take solice in the likelihood that somewhere there's a guy with an Audi, scratching his head over the spare wheel... :)

I wish I could get the Silverstone race here!!!

Enjoy....

Paolo,

Wow! What are the chances that you could end up with a car that has missmatched wheels?????

Not sure if they have a lottery where you are, but if it was me, I would buy a few lottery tickets. You never know, your bad luck with the wheels may lead you to good luck with the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck, and I hope you can get it straightened out OK.

Malcolm

Supporter
If all your cars are off the road or not nearby, time to get a 40 so you would just have to use it to keep you mobile! Now there's an excuse....

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
I hope the result of the GP cheered you up..... it didnt do that for me.... those damn red cars again... ;-)

Andy

part 2: shitty Milano

so...second part of this story:
This morning I woke up and wanted to solve my nut situation..so I start call around to know prices for my wheels.
Incredible the different pricings from milano city to where I live (30 kmts outside).In milano 2 tyres 195/65 r15 are for 350 dollars:eek: ..where I live not more than 180..

Had to choose between firms, and OBVIOUSLY I wanted Firestone ones (wonder why eh..:D ).
Searching for a spare wheel I had another surprise,a new wheel without tyre from official VW was for 100 dollars (shitty black metal,not alloy..:mad: ),after further investigation I've found my wheel from a crashed golf. Complete with tyre..15 dollars.;) .

In the palce I went to buy that..I had a great surprise:eek: cause they have there 3 mercedes sl think from 1963 (the pagodas with high front lights) and a lancia aurelia B24.
The cars are just a mass of rust and the guys are working on it, but 60s pagoda are anyway so nice cars (and today expensive).
All the cars were payd 2 years ago..500 dollars.

:D always cool to look around..,sometimes I think I am really sick to see with such love at rusty old steel..

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Paolo, if you think they rip you off in Milano for wheels and tires, never never take your girl shopping there. Last year my wife spent more than the national debt of a small country in the Boutiques there.
I'm still trying to recoverboomsmile

Back