Another Mosque - think about it.....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Subject: Petition against Tax Payers Mosque

Just had this through. See what you think and act as you see fit.

Tax Payers' Mosque

Just to make you aware of this...I don't know how you will feel about it but

if you don't think it is a good idea it is very easy to cast a vote on the

link at the bottom of the page to say so.

You need to act now before it is too late. The deadline to sign the

government petition is 18th July!

I don't know if you have heard about this but Ken Livingstone is planning to

use tax payer's money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated £100

million in the docklands. It makes you wonder why Livingstone was so eager

to visit Fidel Castro and Hugo Chaves!

Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a new hospital or improved

transport facilities? - anything but this!

The mosque will be BIGGER THAN ST PAUL'S!!! The plan is for the mosque to

be larger enough for people flying in from all over the world for the 2012

Olympics to see it. It will be the biggest landmark in London, bigger than

St Paul's, Westminster Abbey or Wembley Stadium.

The vote so far is 56 % in favour. It looks like the Muslim community in

the UK is casting its vote in droves. As so often happens the rest of us

are burying our heads in the sand... It is an undemocratic use of British

Tax payers money, especially when our churches that are 100's of years old

get no government funding to keep their structures standing, and we are

supposedly a

Christian Nation.

To vote to 'Scrap the 'Mega-Mosque', please sign the official Government

petition in the link below.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/

If you are in agreement with casting your vote please forward this email to

your friends.

Nothing in that article spoke of public funds to be used in building the mosque. Where does the public funding come from, and how much does it amount to?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
This is a genuine petition. Of that I have no doubt.
Ken Livingstone, aka Red Ken, has no money and never has had. Period. Everything he does is all about getting anybody he can to pay money into his hair brained schemes. If you live here in the UK and ignore this petition, just think - it may still just happen under red ken, and the sounds and sights of London will change forever.
I urge any one eligible to sign it.

Fair do's boys, they gotta have somewhere to train the bombers, its a long and tiring flight to Pakistan. Sorry I mean somewhere for the faithfull to worship, no offence, no offence (with appologies to Harry Enfield's Yorkshireman, the Brits will understand)

John

Not very pc, but as you said those days are gone.

Keith

Oh I've signed it Dave, but I hope you remember the petition we signed about road pricing. Blur sent an email (which my system rightly labelled as "junk") that said "we hear you blah bah, thanks for your vote, blah blah, this is what open Govt is all about blah blah, but we're going to do it anyway...." (blah blah)

However, on this particular occasion, because there doesn't seem to be any tax advantage in building a giant mosque and there's an election coming up, I don't think old Brownie Baby is gonna let this happen....

I sense he can hear the quiet but very discernible seething in the 'silent majority'

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
"I sense he can hear the quiet but very discernible seething in the 'silent majority".
Spot on Keith, but silent for how much longer.
I will not accept being disadvantaged by keeping silent any longer.

I have also signed the petition, and it's good to hear that this is unlikely to happen.
It's right to defend our Christian faith, something that as a country we are failing to do, at our peril. In some Muslim countries, Christians are killed for even worshipping in their homes. Here, our leaders (political and spiritual)are too tolerant of other faiths that undermine Christian values. There is a happy balance somewhere...

I wonder if somewhere in the Muslim countries there is a plan to buikd a "mega church" using goverment money................
The only PC in my life is Personal Computer!!!!!!! Tell it like it is! Sorry if I have offended anybody but sod it I'm offended by most things going on in the UK these days :(

This is a genuine petition. Of that I have no doubt.
Ken Livingstone, aka Red Ken, has no money and never has had. Period. Everything he does is all about getting anybody he can to pay money into his hair brained schemes. If you live here in the UK and ignore this petition, just think - it may still just happen under red ken, and the sounds and sights of London will change forever.
I urge any one eligible to sign it.

Did it last week.

If they build it, are we eligible to bomb it?

Tit for tat, gotta love it. :dead:

Back