UK SVA Centre

How long does it take to get an SVA completed? We have a car coming in from the states, and it will be converted in a couple of days after its arrival. The importer tells me that they have to wait a month to get an SVA done !!!

Seems hidious long. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dom

It would be worth ringing the SVA centre you intend to use, and see what its current waiting time for a test is. You can book them in advanced and ask for the test to be after a specific date i.e when your car will be ready.
The SVA test itself only take a few hours.

A friend of mine just had his SVA on a Locost, appointment lead time was 5 weeks for Yeading, Middlesex.

Don't forget all the other red tape hoops you have to jump through for registration.....He passed first time yesterday but now has the horror of registering with DVLA now that VOSA has passed it....

He says that the final month of the build has all but spoilt the fact the car is finished. Its cover in nut protects and padding and the red tape is getting him down..

ANT

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Dom

Yes a month to 6 weeks is about normal booking time. Mine was about 5 weeks and then I got a mini Hitler at Croydon!

You may be able to get it quicker by paying a fat surcharge and getting it done out of hours. (VOSA forms have detains on them)

Total time for 1st inspection on mine was about 6 hours

Total wait and reinspection about 4 hours (3 of those waiting).

Patience is required (Something I lack)

Ian

Thanks guys. I found a place in Shrewsbury that can do it mid August 2007. Hard to believe, but one of the comments made suggested the government's change to the SVA system (due to lack of potential demand) was the reason wait times are so long.

Best
Dom

Back