How many forum members does it take to change an oil filter?

How many forum members does it take to change an oil filter?

1 to change the oil filter

1 to post that the oil filter has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing oil filters and how such filters could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing oil filters

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing oil filters

53 to flame the spell checkers

6 to argue over whether it's "oil filter" or "oilfilter"

... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "oil strainer"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "oil filter" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about oil filter and to please take this discussion to an oil filter forum

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and oil filter forum about changing such filters be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use oil filters and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing oil filters is superior, where to buy the best filters, which brand of filters work best for
this technique and which brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different oil filters

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes oil filters relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the oil filter controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the oil filter FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about oil filters"

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Back