New Pantera!!???

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I think that none of the pictures were visible. Have they been pulled?? I just had red circles with a cross through them in their place.

Gentelmen: Don't need to see any pictures..The DeTomaso "Mangusta" (which I owned and sold, sorry to say), was the most beautiful car (design lines) of that era or NOW!!

Attachments

• De Tomaso Mangusta.jpg
    De Tomaso Mangusta.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 407
John, I agree with you 100%.

When I was living in Arizona in grad school I ran across one for $6,500, decent shape, possibly affordable to me at the time, but I didn't buy the car. I regret that decision.

Nice. Very nice. I'm thinking it would be the ultimate kit car with a nice 4130 space frame and CF body, and an LSX, maybe room for a BMW V12.

Last edited:
dunno really who can be beyond this "new" pantera.
Only I know I am too surprised and too sad not to be able to help Frank Beukler in Holland with his build,even if i've tried to call De Tomano factory in modena for at least 10 times.
An old boy..only talking in italian with a too strong modena accent sometimes (suspect when he wants)answer the phone and usually says "I'm alone here..call later".
No way in a month to have 2 spare parts from theme...no way to reach theme.
They neither speak a bestial english as mine one...they want fax in italian(email?...what is an email?..)
If this is the De Tomaso reality, I think it will be very very very difficult they are seriously thinking at a new model...

Paolo,

From the sounds of it, its broken (ie: If its not broke, don't fix it....), so I elect you to fix it.

Seems like a reasonable assumption, yes?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Wow, I like it! Wonder what engine they would think about powering it with? Have to be a 6-speed also. 5.4 DOHC Ford engine from the Ford GT but N/A instead of supercharged? That would be my choice. It'd be pretty easy too, they could use the GT chassis, put on new body pannels, make it N/A and about 400hp and they're done. Pretty easy on the designers and pretty much a no brainer. They'd have to make it available for the sub $100k price range though. Hahaha Did everyone see the pictures?

2007-DeTomaso-Panthera-Concept-Design-A-640.jpeg

2007-DeTomaso-Panthera-Concept-Design-C-640.jpeg

2007-DeTomaso-Panthera-Concept-Design-D-640.jpeg

2007-DeTomaso-Panthera-Concept-Design-E-640.jpeg

2007-DeTomaso-Panthera-Concept-Design-F-640.jpeg

Laters,

Brian

Back