Carroll Shelby Throphies Maybe Available:

Posting this for a friend on mine (Doug):

My friend has (2) two trophies from Carroll Shelby, and he has asked me for assistance in trying to figure out what the value of the trophies are.

Both trophies are about 12" high, and are obviously old. Doug told me his Dad's cousin married Carroll Shelby, and these trophies ended up in her pocession at the time they parted. I can get the details, but this is what I know about the trophies and what is engraved on the placque:

(A). Bon Chassee Sports Car Races, Mansfield, La. 1953. Fourth
Race, Class B, 1st Place, Carroll Shelby.

(B). Aintree, 1st Class D, '54. Carroll Shelby.

Sorry, my batteries in my camera were shot when I went to his house, so
I have no pictures, but could get some if their is an interest.

Send me a PM if anyone out their needs more info. These will be put on eBay if the value warrants an auction deal.

Please don't whack me too bad, I am doing this for a friend, who I will be buying his '57 Ford Ranchero from him.

Send me a PM if anyone out their needs more info. These will be put on eBay if the value warrants an auction deal.
If they have a value to them, he probably could get more money by selling them through an automotive auction house.

(I have no idea what sort of value they might have)

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
If ol' Shel feels like he was taken to the cleaners in the divorce like most of us, he might just be willing to spend some of that $5M he got for his Supersnake to get these back. Not sure how to get hold of him, but considering the grief he's caused the industry I'd like to hear that someone got the best of him!

Dugly

Scrap doesn't pay what it used to so I'd send them back to him on the proviso that he stops ruining Octane magazine with his ad's and insults. Probably wouldn't work but anything's worth a try.

Tim.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Here's hoping you still end up with the Ranchero, Gary. It's a real classic!

Doug

Barring a sale, I would consider donating them to the Shelby museum in Boulder, Colorado. It has a lot of his personal memorabilia.

Back