Found in Bangkok

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
guys
saw this in a hotel car park in Bangkok when on hols with my wife. I haven't seen any other American cars there so it caught my eye.
So experts call, what model / year etc etc?

Attachments

• gto.JPG
    gto.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 419

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
My stab at it...

Looks like a 1966 Pontiac... maybe a GTO.
But most likely just a 2 door Tempest Lemans.

Kirby

Hi Dave.
There are many different American cars in Thailand. Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaro's etc.
There are also a lot of old UK cars. I have been there many times, and there are even Holden Commodores and a white 6cyl HQ Holden that I see a lot in Soi Sii (4) in Bangkok.
Cars are expensive in Thailand, how people afford Lambos, Porsches etc there is beyond me. almost double the cost of Australia.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Maily,
I guess I havent been observant or stayed there long enough, but my wife agrees with you, says there are plenty around.
Kirby, good call it is badged as a gto, but kgshrader is right, would need to check to be sure.
I have seen a RR Silver Cloud languishing at a restaurant in Ayutthaya but not looking like a runner.
Heres a rear view of the 'gto'

Attachments

• gto2.JPG
    gto2.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 308

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
While it does say GTO, it may not be an American made one...The view from the rear looks odd to me. The lines of the rear window and the trunk/rear fender lines look more Buick than the old Pontiac. Could it be an Aussie version?? Without comparing these pics with some older GTO shots, I can't be positive, but I don't think it is a typical yank GTO. Spent a bunch of time around one when I was in the A.F. in the early seventies, one friend had a coupe and the other had a drop top.

Keith

Well, here's a '66 US Tempest for comparison...

Hmmmm, dang. It IS different from one angle....:shrug:

But very similar from another! Is it the light? :confused:

Attachments

• Pontiac_Tempest_GTO_Hardtop_Coupe_1966_f3q.jpg
    Pontiac_Tempest_GTO_Hardtop_Coupe_1966_f3q.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 269
Back