Motor Sport October Issue

Yes Pat Symonds gives you a good write up!

Also in the same issue Knight Racing Services offering genuine Gurney-Weslake heads on original castings...

Malcolm

Supporter
Just read the write up. Certainly Pat seems pleased with your work. I find it fascinating how people end up in unusual careers, and this is another good tale.

Can I blag an opinion please?

Last year the Britcar 24 Hours suffered from heavy fog in the early hours. About a 4 hour safety car period! Booooooring. On another forum there is talk that there might be fog again. On early Sunday morning 9th Sept, do you see fog being a possibility? Don't need to know to the minute or which corner it comes to first, but is it something that could happen? Thanks.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Malcolm,
Your biggest danger of fog is when the sky is virtually clear and the wind drops to 'not a lot'. I'll look at the latest charts again for your area on Friday and update you then. OK?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
????? How do you get the October issue in September?

Here on the "top" side of the world, October comes before September. Down under it is all bass ackwards and the months are reversed. And your toilets flush the wrong way....................

Just like retail clothing where swimsuits are shown in January, publishers deduct a month or two from the title date to "fool" us into thinking it is still fresh after its been on the stands for two months!

Rick

Every mag I have ever subscribed to got to my house two to three weeks before it hit the news stand

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Every mag I have ever subscribed to got to my house two to three weeks before it hit the news stand

In Oz we get the October edition of Motor Sport mag in November or December, if you can find it. So I signed up for a subscription last night.
Hopefully now I well be able to keep up with you blokes on the other side of the planet.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hopefully now I well be able to keep up with you blokes on the other side of the planet
Hope springs eternal........

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Malcolm,
You should be OK through the night with a light westerly wind. If the wind reduces or stops however, because its a former airfield,you might just get some mist (vis of 1100 yds or more).
Have a good one.
Dave

Back