GT40s.COM ANNIVERSARY

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Is it really about six years since Ron started up this site ??? 16/09/2001

If soH...................

Many, many thanks to Ron for all your hard work and perseverance !!!

:chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug:

rockonsmileFrom everyone in Estacada, Oregon, congradulations......and job well done.....and that goes to all the other support people envolved too!

It would be an interesting tid-bit to see membership figures for each year to see the growth pattern of the forum.:)

Thanks again for your had work and assistance,
:bow:

Yep - well done Ron!rockonsmile

Cool site....

Cool Cars....

Cool members....

and as of 10:30 this evening, some 5151 registered members (less the latest spammer I deleted :mad:)

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Wow, time flies when your having fun. I remember searching the web for information on the GT40 back in 2001, with very little on offer at the time; I had just put a deposit on my car in March 01 and then one day I came across the page that Ian K posted above. I lurked for a few months and when I finally plucked enough courage to join the still fledgling community of nut cases that we are, the tragedy of Sept 11 happened and the pain of those days was poignantly captured on these forum pages. I finally joined in October 2001 and can honestly say that this sight has been of immense help with the building of my car and has remained my home page since that time.

Congratulations Ron on your stamina and dedication, through thick and thin and to all those great contributors - past and present that have helped shape this forum to what it is today.

Well done!

Bill.

I too joined in Oct 2001. I had been looking for a 40 for some time and was prepared to get a KVA and go from there. Then I watched the few fledgling factories startup and got some hope. I then purchased a half finished kit from Australia, had it imported and it arrived shortly after that. I can't tell you how much I have learned from this site. I hadn't worked seriously on a car since I was in my mid 20s but took the dive to build one. It was this forum that kept me going. If the forum had not kept its orderliness and the friendships going, I don't think I would have ever finished,,,, well it wouldn't have gotten me to being nearly finished. Hopefully It will see me through to the end, which should be in a month or so.
Ron and the support staff deserve some special thanks for the determined effort to keep it going and progressing with all the other needs that life throws in front of us all. So from me and I am sure many others, THANKS GUYS!!!rockonsmile:lol:

Bill

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
It is with the greatest of appreciation that I add my congratulations to the rest above, Ron. I had no idea this site existed, just ran across it on some automotive forum I was visiting, but I have wanted a GT40 since I was a kid in the 60's, so needless to say this site really attracted my attention. Like others this is the first site I bring up every day and the one I visit most during the day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, not just to Ron, but to all those members who have made this the welcoming community it is. Someday I hope to join the ranks of owner/builders, too! Thanks to this forum, I'm feeling much more informed and confident all the time.

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for the congratulations! The real thanks goes to all the members who post on the site and make it a fantastic web community!

I've heard some folks say they wish it was "like the old days". You know, when it was a small group of people with only around 200-300 active members. Sure, I do miss some of the early posters on the forum and wish they would return, but the forum has so many interesting members around the world. I'm very pleased it has grown to the size it is now.

I might have to pull a graph of membership versus year. I have looked at that before and as I recall the large changes in membership have happened in the last two years. Basically doubling in registered (and active) users. Anyhow, good fun!

Ron

PS-Sorry I missed this but I've been basically laid out for two days with a cold. No work, no fun, not much of anything but sleep.....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
:chug::chug::chug::chug::chug:

Congratz to Ron, The Moderators and ALL those people that make this such a special place!!!

:chug::chug::chug::chug::chug:

Back