Of interest ?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
From AOL News:
Ultimate Aero claims top speed record

transparent.gif
31777102250.jpg
American manufacturer Shelby Supercars (SSC) is claiming to have set a new record for the "World's fastest production car" at 255.83mph.
If verified by Guinness World Records, that would officially make the Ultimate Aero TT quicker than the Bugatti Veyron. The Veyron has a claimed top speed of 253mph, though this has never been officially verified by Guinness.
The Ultimate Aero TT achieved its potentially record-breaking run on a closed section of public road in Washington State, US, on 13 September.
In accordance with Guinness World Record regulations, the SSC team made two runs, one in either direction. The car reached 257.11mph on the first run, and 254.55mph on the return, making an average of 255.83mph.
The previous record-holder is the Swedish-made Koenigsegg CCR, which hit 242mph.

I was talking to these guys at SEMA (biggest aftermarket trade show in US) a few years ago, they were displaying a slightly modified Lambo body (powered by a twin turbo small block Chevy) that they were calling thier own. Even then they were talking of trying to do this, but I havent heard aword about them since. Until today. Do they really build complete cars now?

Last edited:

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Jerod Shelby (no relation) started this. It's primarily a family operation. He worked with Craig Blood in Kent, Washington to R&D the drivetrain. I have a couple of cell phone photos of the twin turbo Chev I'll try to dig up. Craig was working towards 1000HP. He's a very good engine builder and I suspect he'll get there. I saw the body at Concorso two years ago and it looked very lambo-esc. I think the target price was about US$500K w/ Veyron like performance. Not sure if they are shipping.

Back