Happy with my brand new 1:12

I know for some of you it's sound crazy but i'm happy as a little boy with my brand new auto art Ford GT LM Spec II in carbon fibre colors.:pepper::pepper:

Theres not yet a dedicated scale model forum available :wrongforum: but my collection is growing and maybe some of you are willing to share images / info of your collection. Next to some 1:34 slotrace models, 1:43 scales, 1:24/25 cars etc i'm still dreaming of the ultimate part of my collection: 1:1

As soon as I stop dreweling I will post some images !rockonsmile

Here is a 1:18 scale of my Daytona Coupe:

Carpics010.jpg

And the real thing (well, replica thing):

Coupe10-14-06006.jpg

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ron,

How about a forum for Models, collectables and stuff? Original literature, pictures, etc.

EDIT!!!! Well, Duh, if I had looked...........we have one!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
mine is still work in progress........ 1:24 and 1:1 ;-)

Andy

Attachments

• chassis08.jpg
    chassis08.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 317
I just did a quick google, and can only find the Ford GT at 1:12 in diecast. Are they available as plastic kits?

GT40 1/12 scale - £49.00 : Plastic model kits, Online modelkit store

Nep, at today noway for a plastic one at same level of Tamiyas last big scale kits.
Probably this is due to the too high cost of modern plastic mouldings,and the quality and detail level today expected in such kits.

Doc,
Last sunday I've missed again the MG model p4.
The finished model was for sale at 2000 euros,and the kit (in this moment out of stock cause no PE parts..)is stil for 390 euros.
I will never give up..wellknow I have to buy that p4 one day;)

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Doc,
I am more of model engineering fan but I also have a 1:24 kit. It's still in the box from three Yuletides past. It's a French made Le Mans Miniatures Gold Line kit for a GT40 MKI in resin and metal. (I don't know if it's top notch, but there is very little fettling to be done and there are plenty of nice laser cut parts in it)
One day, who knows ?
:D

Ciao Paolo

I had a look at that link before I posted, and it seems to be diecast rather than plastic. Too bad 1:12 got too expensive, but I still see the Tamiya Lola kits coming up on eBay. Might have to get my 3rd one day!

Andy, a 1:24 scratchbuilt would need a very steady hand. If I ever do a scratchbuild it'll probably be about 1:4 so I can actually see the parts!

More costly than a real LS2! But how cool!!!

I might have to fire up the old backyard foundry and borrow some lathe time and see if I can knock one up from scratch (wishful thinking with my current project-load). Some of the other scale V8 builders will sell you the hard to make parts (carbs, cams, ignitions and even 1/4 sparkplugs!) or complete kits. It would be great fun to build.

As would: TURBOCHARGER GAS TURBINE - Page 1

and video: YouTube - Beer+old turbo=home made jet engine

Sorry for the thread drift!!!

Back