AY50 Suzki scooter engine... help me !!!

well i just got my first thing with an engine on it ! and it has 49cc of engine to :D

its a 1998 suzuki katana scooter with the air cooled two stroke AY50 engine(do i need to mention its a second hand toy)

now for the fun part !

i have only had it for one week and already i got my hands into it, but i only managed to take panels of and put them back on lol

the reason i am writing all of this here is that i noticed some of you guys are into two stroke motors...

so i guess my question is how do i make it run better/ faster

Hi Raca -

I had a search on the web and there seems to be many options available, from bigger carbs, performance inlet reeds and exhausts to 70cc big bore kits....

My last 2-stoke tuning involved lapping the heads (no head gasket) to increase compression, raising the exhaust / transfer ports and raising the barrels with an extra base gasket. Add to this some boyesen reed valves, enlarged inlet tract, advanced ignition and a set of expansion chambers and all went very well. Albeit a bit peaky...and thirsty!!

HOWEVER, make sure any mods you do are specific to your type of engine, the one's I mention were for a 350cc twin, so not directly suitable for your 50... A big bore kit would give easiest big return in power....

oh and if you're using it on the road - your insurance company will want to know too....;)

thanks for the response mate !

i have hit a bit a setback now.... i managed to mesup my carb now

any tips on how to retune it ?

when i ride with constant throttle it will lose power for a second or two

i think i have to much air in my mixture am right ?

Back