RED ARROWS Petition - Whatever next?

Hi all -

Just came across this on the Gov Petition site - it reads:

"The Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the RAF Red Arrows as Unsuitable for the 2012 Olympics because they are too British.
This is a ridiculous decision and should be overturned in the name of common sense."

Bloody Mad!! - the Olympics are being held in Britain for gods sake, what are they going to ban next? Drinking tea? Playing tennis?......

Vote here:
Petition to: Allow the Red Arrows to Fly at the 2012 Olympics.:cussing:

Keith

A short time ago we all signed a petition against scrapping the Red Arrows, so I guess it's a victory of sorts that they will still be around in 2012...

But I've signed it anyway.

No-one seems to take any notice of petitions these days though - they just do what they want....we should take a leaf out of France's book and burn something.....:mad:

I can sign the petition cause I am not british citizen.
Suspect anyway this is just a joke, kmon guys...what kind of explanation is..TOO british:|..it will be the same as to say the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels are too americans, or our Frecce Tricolori are too mafioso.
Think red arrows are a real MUST to see, a friend of mine saw theme recently in Duxford testing (flying with the tiger moth),and his description was only IMPRESSIVE.

Such acrobatic teams are simply too nice,and one of the very few occasions to see the powerful of military planes in good hands.
And UK ones are really some of the best in the world.

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Paulo.... point of order........

The Thunderbirds are British!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See I even have a photo.... ;-)

Attachments

• thunderbird2_2.jpg
    thunderbird2_2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 308
Doc !!!!

I used to have that thunderbird ship in a "Corgi" model when I was a kid!

Thanks for the memories.

I wish I had it now:mad:

Sorry for the thread drift:eek:

Cheers,
Scott

Sorry to see the 'politically correct' beaurocracy is as screwed up over there as it is here in the States. I signed your petition (expat), for what it's worth, but as Keith says, it's probably destined for the 'circular' filing cabinet. Ah well....

I think the Red arrows will be around long after the Olympics has been paid for. It might be as long as we took to pay the USA for the lease Lend from World War 2. The final payment was earlier this year 62 years after the end of the War.
I know when the Queens Jubilee celebrations were on the Red arrows had a flight down the Mall over the Palace acompanying the Concorde. They had special permission to fly over London (as they have only one engine). I missed the deadline of 17/9/07 however 44000 others did not! I hope the Battle of Britian Memoral flight also makes an appearance!
Regards Allan

Last edited:
Back