Red Kens Madness Continues

Keith

Anyone who owns a van, truck or vehicle transporter and visits London in an "older" vehicle (pre 2005 and 2003 for various categories)might care to check out this website....

Low Emission Zone | Transport for London

Basically, from February 2008 it's going to cost you £100 per day (paid in advance) to visit London, which is deemed to become a "low emission zone" and a £500 fine if you "forget".

How long before they target cars as well?

Without a viable alternative fuel - this will strangle London.

The lunatics are truly running the asylum....

It's the New Religion - Amen

:mad:

Good on him I say.

Ask someone who has Asthma and lives in London if they think this is a good idea or not.

You might tell them if they don't like breathing filthy air then they can move somewhere else well I did that already, but I pity the poor b'stards that have to go on living there.

And surely when you're stuck in traffic in London you do not like sucking up smokey diesel exhaust? Note the law is all about "diesel-engined lorries, buses, coaches and large vans (exceeding 1.205 tonnes unladen weight) and minibuses." so unless you have a fat, old, diesel powered 40 I wouldn't worry about it.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Good on him I say.

Ask someone who has Asthma and lives in London if they think this is a good idea or not.

You might tell them if they don't like breathing filthy air then they can move somewhere else well I did that already, but I pity the poor b'stards that have to go on living there.

I suppose that the air in Woop Woop is better ?

Good point, glad you pointed that out! The air is terrible here, the weather is terrible here, the beer is too cold and the rugby team is clearly c**p! Also you can't go in the water for the sharks, it takes an age to get the snakes out of the yard and the spiders out of the bed every single night! And the amount of SPF30 you go through is ridiculous!

I'm sure every Australian new or not would join with me and tell you its a terrible place and you be far better off staying right where you are!

Cottesloe%20Beach%20-%20Waves%20lower%20res.jpg

I suppose that the air in Woop Woop is better ?

Been to Perth, be there again in November for the RedBull Air Race, and its pretty clean over there (still).

Its not to bad for a little country town, with the Dr blowing in from the coast, but it is a bit better off than Woop Woop..... ;)

Regards
nik

The UK doesnt still have a tax on windows does it? I read somewhere there used to be a tax on windows.:eek:

Regards
Nik

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jimmy, I love FIGJAM, Brisvegas also has hot weather, high humidity, brazen hussies who go to the supermarket wearing only a string bikini, sharks, snakes, crocodiles and mosquitoes as big as a school bus. It really is a crap place just like Perth.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,
You can probably afford FIGJAM :)
We can only buy sour grapes here.
Glad that you get my point.

Back