I'm a new Dad!

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Just thought I'd let everyone know that today my wife gave birth to our beautiful baby girl Mikayla.
Mum and bubs are doing well and Dad is about to get into the Johnnie Walker Blue label!!! :D

Bill - Proud Dad

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Bill, I must tell you that even though I have yet to enjoy the experience of building a 40, I believe you have just entered what I believe to be the greatest experience in life!!! Of course, if this is not your first, you already know what I am talking about.

There is nothing to compare with the pleasure of knowing that little bundle of protoplasm is going to be a lifetime investment, not only of $$, but more importantly of time and emotion. As for me, the one thing I think I've done best in life is being a dad.

Good luck to you, Bill--if this your first, I can assure you it is truly a monumental change in life!!

Congratulations, too!

Doug

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,
So long as you know how it happened and it was all your fault.
You will be told this in years to come.:pepper:

I've / we've got three daughters and I think I can still remember
the feelings you currently have.
Very well done to both of you but you had the easy bit.
But Blue Label ?
Why use a blend?:eek: :confused:(only joking !):lol::)

Keith

I'll second what Dave just said..I've got 2 of the perishers, 20 and 40.....

and they haven't changed much since teenagers plus, they've both produced daughters of their own...it's hell mate, pure hell...;)

But for now, well done to both of you mate! :D

(assuming your missus had vaguely something to do with it)

Congrats if it's your first! congrats if it's your second! if it's your third... you won't have time for the Johnnie Walker

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Still trying to decide whether congrats or commiserations are in order.
My first was a girl, my second was a boy, now 21 and 22.
My third was a boy, my fourth was a boy, now 6 and 3.

This is why I am trying to justify my sanity and working in the garage on my GT40.

Best of luck to you both.

Dimi

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Thanks for all the well wishes guys, it means a lotrockonsmile.

Yes it is my first!
Yes I was responsible (I don't expect the postman to die if my daughter predicts my death ;) ) but my wife was awesome through all this as were the medical staff.

Yes I'll stick to my blended Blue label.
Yes - I've said goodbye to the sleep

That is why I built the 40 first, it's a quick getaway car if I ever need it....

Cheers

Bill

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations to you and your wife Bill...

What a beautiful name too! Now - where are the pictures?? You know what they say on the internet!!! :)

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Wow Bill, great news - congratulations to you & your wife !

Don't let these old-timers scare you with stories of no sleep - make use of the wee hours :

Scenario 1 : Mikayla will be breast-fed ==> what lack of sleep problem for Bill ?

Scenario 2 : Mikayla is bottle-fed ==> All you need is a portable bed for Mikayla - when she wakes up at 3am, plug in the bottle & just carry the whole show out to the garage, hook up the bed to a simple powered rocking device & do some work on the 40 (though you might want to hold off on the rattle gun) !

The most important advice that I can offer is to start up an investment fund to eventually pay for the wedding !!!! I have 2 daughters who will probably get married some time in the next few years - the costs are scary ! (Could be a case of 2 weddings & then a funeral) !!

All the best mate !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Peter D, Don't worry about paying for the weddings just tell your daughters that their intended's are the worst in the world and then let them elope. Problem solved. Of course after the wedding you discover anyone who loves cold beer and race cars can't be all bad and you welcome them back into the fold.rockonsmile
Bill I'm not stealing your thread just giving you hints for the future.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Congrats to both you and your bride, Bill. Fabulous news!

Life as you knew it has just ceased to exist. ;)

Best,

T.

Congrates Bill,

I have three boys. 6, 3 and 14 months. I guess God didn't think my wife and I could handle a girl :) He's probably right :)

Saver the time it seems to go by quick.

Good luck with the sleep depervation. :D

Back