I'm a new dad AGAIN!

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Well I think it appropriate to name the thread this as my car was officially registered today at my local Vicroads (insert -RTA/DMV or whatever it is called in your neck of the woods).
It has been a long road to get to this point but well worth it. I will now quietly go about finalizing the details to my satisfaction and getting the car ready for it's street debut.

One bit of interesting info, the Inspector sitting next to the guy dealing with me mentioned that he had been in a GT40 in the 60's with a friend of his who worked for Ford. The were on the M4 heading to Wales and had hit 200MPH, with the driver turning to this Inspector and quoting "she's got plenty more in her".
I asked him who his mate was and he said "Paul Hawkins, the guy had no fear but unfortunately died in a racecar accident in the 60's"
With that level of enthusiasm, the rest of the inspection went very quickly.

So only 2 days after I became a real dad, I've done it again!:D

Cheers

Bill

Attachments

• IMGP0324 small.jpg
    IMGP0324 small.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 385

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Well done on both counts Bill. Look forward to seeing the car in the flesh.Congrats on the family addition.
Ross

Hi Bill,

Congratualtions a both counts. Glad to see another RF40 registered. I am with Chris when are we going for a run? May see you at Sandown on the weekend, Saturday Lotus club track day, Sunday MCSA sprints big weekend of fun!

Andrew

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Gee--that gives you TWO birthdays to celebrate within days of each other!

Party! And, then, Party Again!!

Congratulations (again!!).

Doug

HILLY

Supporter
Well done Bill.
Its a great feeling. RF083 also got the final sign off last week and we went out for its maiden (official) outing last Sunday.
Enjoy it mate.

Bill, what a fantastic week. You will long remember this. All the very best as you get used to the new family members.

Just think, the rest of your life just got better and better.

Cheers, Dalton.

G’day Bill,
Congratulations on getting your baby registered. I can’t wait to see it in the flesh. Sorry about the late reply, I really should check this area more often. :eek:

Cheers,
Danny

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Thanks to all for your well wishes re both my "Children"....
Danny, no problems about the delay - this place has become much bigger than it used to be.

Thanks Chuck for the compliment, it's a pretty big statement to make... Although I am partial to the colour myself, I am sure it wouldn't win in a poll for the best colour combo on this forum...

Here is my favourite shot of the the car and daughter.....

Attachments

• GT40 21-02-07 -h.jpg
    GT40 21-02-07 -h.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 237
  • IMGA0947.jpg
    IMGA0947.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 253

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Bill,
beautiful daughter, beautiful car, and I see in her expression that she may be thinking about a colour scheme for her future GT40:D

regards
Dave

Bill,
Congrats!
It takes guts to try a new paint color/scheme like you did.It looks fantastic!
Good to see you went with the traditional pink attire for the baby though.Do they make a gulf baby suit?

Enjoy the weekend,
Eric

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Bill, great effort on both counts. Beautiful daughter, beautiful wife, beautiful car, now all you need to do is move to Queensland and you will have a beautiful climate.rockonsmile

Back