For the Chevron guys...

I wonder if it's a replica. Aluminum body? The early ones had FVC engines. A friend of mine had chassis #004. I wonder where it is now?

There is an awful lot of 'Later Production Parts etc' in the Spec list. Were they ever sold with YB-- blocks as OE. That is the block based on OHC Cortina-Pinto-Sierra 2 litre dimensions from around the late 70's early 80's.

Jac Mac

Keith

Beautiful cars. Some of the best road racing I ever did were against these fantastic machines. However, the description of this particular one, seems to closely match this one:

1969 Chevron B-16 Spec Sheet

A clone or something else? 301 hp doesn't sound right but 310 hp sounds a whole lot better!

We need a B16 forum! rockonsmile

I saw it too. I wonder if it is a US or UK seller? There are possibly five places, 3 in the UK and 2 in the US that could repicate the car accurately.
Dave

Back in the seven ties the feeling was; if you are going to race a Chevron the spyder body was the way to go. We took the B16 body off and put the B21 body on. It was a much easier car to drive. I was going to cast a mould off the coupe body, but why? Everyone was going to the spyder bodies. I later sold the B16 body and lost track of it until recently. I met someone at the Carlisle Kit Car show that brought me up to date about that body I sold back in the mid seventies. I drove a B sports Chevron once. That's what it was called anyway! The car was home made using a Brabham 21 formula chassis with the B16 body on it. Man! what a small car, but fast and a lot of fun! Maybe a "Gurney bubble " on the door window would have made driving the car a little better.
Dave S. Chris asked me if I was interested in casting moulds off the B16 body, but we figured we have too much going on right now.

Chris had his chance and turned it down. I, at great expence have fixed all of the problems with the original and the original has not been even dewaxed yet. I have four more molds to go until it's done. I am giving some people in the UK first dibs on the parts for North America. I will let you know what happens. Chris has my e-mail
Dave

Keith

Just to remind ourselves what a beauty this really was.

Curiously, it is said that only 23 were ever manufactured but the good news is that all 43 are still running :D

Attachments

• chevronb16dbe3623ur1.jpg
    chevronb16dbe3623ur1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 345
Keith if you look at your picture and compare itto the pictures in the the e-bay listing you will notice the one on e-bay has the diagonal brace on the roll bar. I think this was added after removal of the roof to drop 70LBS as per Brian Redmans request. New bodywork and new designation B19.

Pete,
Here are a few pictures. This car is in Perth.
Dave

Attachments

• b27.jpg
    b27.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 274
  • b28.jpg
    b28.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 298
  • b29.jpg
    b29.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 283
Back