cobra sold at 850.000 usd

Paolo,

I agree their are many replicas out there that look better than some originals, and they probably drive better too. And not having to worry about someone denting a fender adds alot of pleasure to being able to drive the car and enjoy it more.

Being able to bring in the big bucks has to do with the history of the car, and any special features the car has to offer. Shelby American assembled the Cobras on the assembly line with continual changes, thanks to racing evolution and refinement of the car. These changes sometimes added to the value of the car. Then if you add any special history of ownership, not to mention racing history, the value just keeps going up.

If you have the time, take a peek at some pictures of my Cobra here:

http://www.cobra-ig.de/anzeigenmarkt/fahrzeuge/forsale1964accobracsx2075.php

very nice Gary. I have what many consider the finest replica made, a Kirkham 427, all aluminum and very original, however it is not an original and will never have a pedigree like a 60's CSX car will.
266cobra004.jpg

Gary, your car is simply a dream, and really looks too original:D (I love all the white/black pitures u have of her..)
Mike...oh nooo a shitty ferrari (serie type:yuck:..so a shit..boomsmile,ihihih).
I dunno neither the name of that ugly, really.
Your superformance is incredibly nicer than that old rusty (and slow) mc queen ferrari;)(and probably also really cheaper)

IMHO the cobra is one of the very few cars that can be too better in modern vehicle (sure..if u dont look at truly historical pieces).
Sometimes look at Kirkham website..and love the alu body they do today (is that the best cobra around?)

Too nice car...thas my "other side of the moon vehicle",but even after the gt40;)

Attached is the rest of the article.

Speaking of rustbuckets, did you know that in the early days of Ferrari, in war ravaged Italy, workers used to go out appropriate public street signs, take them back to the shop, and beat them into body panels for some of the early cars?

Mike

Attachments

• McQueen22.jpg
    McQueen22.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 226
ah, well I dunno about this.
It is strange anyway, cause Ferrari started as exotic car producer and had the great proud to beat our alfa romeo race team (they took also the red color from alfa corse).
If u mean ferrari at very very beginning that can be possible,but the only road sign I know they use to destroy around factory are the ones on the "statale" road when they test cars before delivery;)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Just to follow on from the previous, loads of rusty ordnance and ex military scrap was the main stay in the foundries post war in most European countries.
Just think - all those beautiful aeroplanes converted into cooking pots. (There may just be a really disastrous dividend as well - though still unproven, a possible link to Alzheimers and senile dementia from the Aluminium pots).

Back