Cool sounds

Scott,

You need to come out here to the left coast in September and come to the Reno Air Races. Imagine the sight and sounds of those planes with hot-rodded engines at 450-500 mph 50 to 100 feet of the deck...lap after lap. Truly a sensory experience.

Leonard

Leonard,

Funny you mentioned that. I've been telling myself for years now that I'm going to go Reno with my Dad. We own a 180HP Piper Archer and would fly out.

Definately a must do!
Just to hear the noise rockonsmile

Cheers,
Scott

Hi Gary,

THAT'S A TS40 BABY! rockonsmile

1 3/4" Tornado bundle of snakes with ceramic coating.

Go to the TSC website, then to the "Drivetrain" tab and click on it.

Its the first picture.

That is exactly how the engine bay in chassis #875 is going to look.

Right down to the chrome 44 IDF's ;).

Cheers,
Scott

Attachments

• ts40eng.jpg
    ts40eng.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 282
Scott: That's a great web site, particularly for those building giant-scale RC's. Here's one for you, Zeno's Warbird Videos. WWII training films for lots of types.
Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In - World War 2 airplane videos playing live online

Leonard is right. You ain't heard nuthin' until you've been at the start/finish line and hear planes like Dago Red and Rare Bear come across at full song. You get the best of both, a 3350 and a Merlin. Makes shivers go up your spine, sort of like a GT40 going up though the gears.LOL

Last edited:
Scott,

That would be great, specially with your dad. My dad had a Comanche 250 that we would take everywhere. We would fly to air shows all the time. He would even go coast to coast 3-4 times a year in it. If you go, definitely get the pit pass so you can stand next to the planes and talk to the pilots and mechanics as they work on them between races. People with a passion for high performance and racing machines are the same not matter where you go, no matter what you drive or fly. Memories that will never go away, sight as sounds never forgotten.

speed220mph, Thanks for the link!!

Leonard

Speed 220,

Yes thank you! I'm familiar with high power runs on round engines. I just finished watching the P47 one...awesome.

In A&P school we had a running R2800 engine on a run-up stand to practice working on. What a nightmare adjusting valves was!

The smell of A/D 100 oil and 130 octane fuel was fantastic. But come to think of it I used to like the smell of Butyrate dope for fabric covering!

Leonard,

Maybe next September. Maybe a few guy's from the forum could meet up there?

Cheers,
Scott

Back