VECTOR MOTORS WX8 L.A. AUTO SHOW PRESS RELEASE

GERALD WIEGERT, FOUNDER/CHAIRMAN
VECTOR MOTORS CORPORATION
PH: (310) 522-6610 FAX: (310) 522-6611
E-Mail: [email protected]
www.vectormotors.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
NOVEMEBER 12TH, 2007

LOS ANGELES CA, The renowned automobile entrepreneur and vehicle designer Gerald Wiegert announced today the introduction of his latest creation - ultra-super-exotic vehicle trade named HPV for the “Vector Avtech WX-8”. Gerald Wiegert, Chairman and Founder of Vector Motors Corporation, manufacturer of the Vector Avtech WX-8 ultra-supercar, announced today that the company will exhibit the Vector Avtech WX-8 at the prestigious, internationally acclaimed “Los Angeles Auto Show” from November 15th through November 24th in Los Angeles , CA .

The Los Angeles Auto Show event will be the first-ever debut of the all-American VECTOR WX-8 Hyper-Tech Performance Vehicle, and is regarded as one of the world’s foremost showcase for exotic concept automobiles.

Interest in the all-new VECTOR WX8 supercar, as well as the Company’s Private Placement stock offering, is intensifying due to the buzz among car enthusiasts. The new Vector Avtech WX8 is expected to establish several new records for a custom and production automobile, including a 0 to 60 in --- 0 to 100 in -- Quarter-Mile in ---- Skid Pad ------ and a top speed of------.

Vector Motors Corporation is based in Wilmington , California near the Port of Los Angeles .

FACT SHEET

The 2008 Vector Avtech WX8 a Hyper-Tech Performance Vehicle (HPV).

AMERICA’S ONLY HYPER-PERFORMANCE VEHICLE (HPV)

Projected performance:

A.7.0 Liter Race Proven V8, made in the USA .

B.750 hp (Supercharged)

C.600 hp (normally aspirated)

D.0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds

E.Quarter mile 11.3 sec. at 138 mph

F.260-270 mph top speed (Bonneville gearing)

Technical specifications and features:

qTransverse, Supercharged, all aluminum, 7.0 Liter (427 cubic inch), port fuel injected, 16 valve high-performance V8 engine, with dual air to air intercoolers and twin sequential flow, side mounted radiators.

q15-inch diameter competition brake rotors with 6 piston calipers provide phenomenal braking capabilities. 19-inch aluminum racing wheels are complemented by race engineered tires capable of sustained high speeds.

qThe all new aerodynamic high down-force WX3 body incorporates both hard edge and soft design features including: huge integrated inlet and exhaust ducts for heat exchangers, an extended tail with a high mounted, low drag symmetrical inverted high down-force airfoil wing spoiler that enhances high speed stability with aeroflaps.

qThe Aerospace engineered body of the Vector A-WX8 is constructed of ultra-light Carbon fiber/E-Glass structural body panels.

qA wraparound glass to glass edge canopy with invisible A pillars differentiates the advanced styled Vector and a custom integrated three across seating system incorporating integrated storage compartments, fold down center bolsters/armrest for lateral support for maximum long distance touring comfort and utility, is a special order option.
qAll jet aircraft type instrumentation panel machined from billet aluminum. Features include black anodized dash finish, military specification F- 22 Raptor switches, warning lights and reconfigurable electroluminescent 4 mode display panel, spacecraft circuit breakers, audible alarms and warning lights incorporating heads up display interface option.

qThe Vector’s chassis is a DOT crash tested and road proven aluminum honeycomb, semi-monoque aerospace engineered structure with a full chrome-moly race ready roll cage. The Vector’s W8 structure attained the highest test results of any automotive structure tested by the DOT laboratory, and was the only auto structure ever to pass front and rear destructive tests with the same chassis.

qThe Vector A-WX3 leading edge custom engineered sound system is powered by a revolutionary new technology incorporating amplifiers driving the 10 speaker system which consists of subwoofers for extreme bass output and ribbon tweeters for accurate high end sound resolution. The amplifiers are less than half the size and weight of equivalent power units.

Other standard Vector A-WX8 features include:

q High output air conditioning and ventilation
q Custom designer developed all leather interior
q Custom prototype stereo system
q Power steering with an adjustable tilt-telelescopic column
q Cruise control
q Retractable power mirrors
q Aircraft type flush windows
q Airbags
q Fully adjustable 2 abreast seating
q Sequential clutch-less automatic/manual shifting
q Two large storage compartments

Projected production for the 2008 Vector A-WX8 is scheduled at a very limited number of
units per year, with an anticipated sales, price to be determined by the Company and its dealer network.

The Vector A-WX8 represents more horse power, more torque, more features, more substance and superior man/machine environmental comfort than any other supercar ever offered. The A-WX8 is user friendly, easy to maintain and service. This “aerospace engineered” machine establishes a new paradigm in the high-end performance vehicle category.

VECTOR MOTORS CORPORATION has just created the next generation Vector Avtech WX8 Hyper-performance Vehicle (HPV), code named the Vector Avtech WX-8Its design represents a significant aerodynamic and aesthetic breakthrough and calculated departure from the previous W8 supercar, while still maintaining the Vector character and family identity.

The Vector A-WX8 body and aerodynamic shape, hard trailing edges with softer leading edge contours. The all-new design incorporates numerous NASA type technology transfer features to solidify the Company’s and Mr. Wiegerts’ philosophy of “aerospace technology for the road”.

The Vector A-WX8 features an all-new titanium valve 7.0 liter, 750 + hp engine which is unequalled in displacement and performance. The Supercharged engine has horsepower potential to 1200+hp. The normally aspirated version, is in the range of 600 to 700 hp. Projected speed of the extreme Vector Avtech WX8HPV at maximum boost is in excess of 270 mph, with 0 to 60 mph times projected in the 3.0 to 3.3 second range.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your homepage.

Ron Earp

Admin
Wasn't that thing on the front cover of Road and Track when I was like 14 years old or so? Seems I remember a Vector.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
I agree Pat...it's hard to read with out getting a little bit nauseous.

I was wondering what happened to the Vector and the great Gerry. "Projected" performance sounds about right. Cannot compare with a product that's actually rolling out the factory doors already. But it WAS a great looking machine I drooled over in my youth. I've still got the magazines it appeared in, every couple of years.

Is "2 abreast seating" something special, like for consenting adults only? Sorry, got a bit side-tracked after reading Pete's recent posts.

Dalton

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Always been a cool design - in all the renditions I've seen, but you're right the sales pitch is now and always has been unbelieveable...

For instance;
750 hp (Supercharged)
260-270 mph top speed (Bonneville gearing)

No friggen way that 750HP is going to do the trick... I doubt that even when pushed to the "potential 1200 HP" that it would do it on pavement...

This guy has always been full of S**t. I too had all the mags with his drivel in it when I was a kid.... of course I know better now.
Blah, Blah, Blah .... <puke> All hype and no details, who's engine is it?, where is it going to be built? Smells of not much better than Nigerian email scams. Line up early and often put you money down!....(not)

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Pete, save this thread!

I don't know if I'll be making it to the auto show, but I remember seeing one a long time ago and it had a Small block chevy with a couple of turbos as I recall. The entire thing look shady for some reason, just couldn't say why, maybe I'm too simple for the "low drag symmetrical inverted high down-force airfoil wing"

Looks like it has been resurrected, maybe it's like some of those old rusty Cobra chassis that Shelby found a few years back... Hey look what I found some original Cobra chassis... ;)

Just thought it would give a few folks some interesting chatter. Pete, take over now...

Sandy

"Company’s Private Placement stock offering"

Translation: No money there to produce and market a car of an 80´s design which is supposed to get into the ring with the likes of an Enzo, Bugatti Veyron, Porsche Carrera GT etc.

Man, if you sink your hard earned money into a lunacy like this don´t come up crying in the end.

Best,

Marcus

Keith

It looks as if, following the induction of copious amounts of Columbian Marching Powder, a Lotus Esprit, Lamborghini Diablo, Knight Rider and a De Lorean collided in a Star Trek Transporter Event, with the web site designed by Dennis the Menace. HE looks as if he just got released from San Quentin but that's probably where he met De Lorean ... :squint:

Last edited:
Yuk Yuk and Yuk again.....

As seen at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year.

ps - from your avatar you're looking a bit 'rough' this morning Keith.... bad curry last night?:lol:

Attachments

• org1IMG_2425.jpg
    org1IMG_2425.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 548
  • org2IMG_2426.jpg
    org2IMG_2426.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 551
  • org3IMG_2425.jpg
    org3IMG_2425.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 513
I agree that the guy is a bullsh#t artist, and who knows what the performance is. And don't dream of investing in the production. But I still like the appearance of the car.

Dalton

Keith

I agree that the guy is a bullsh#t artist, and who knows what the performance is. And don't dream of investing in the production. But I still like the appearance of the car.

Dalton

Yes it does have a certain 'Mad Max' Pursuit Vehicle charm about it.....

Does anyone know what the black car behind the Vector, Right side of picture across from the Jaguar is in the second picture is? It looks like a RCR SLC sort of from this view. Paul do you have any pictures of it?

Is it a Schuppan?
Never mind I think I answered my own question. What are the odds...
SUPERCARS.NET - 1994 Schuppan 962CR

SUPERCARS.NET - 1994 Schuppan 962CR

It's a 962 based car right?

I use to kick ass with the Vector M12 in Gran Turismo 2!!! Those were the days.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I'd still love to see pictures of the new Vector. I remember the story that Andre Aggasi bought one of the W8's and then returned it because it didn't live up to the hype. The later versions, the W12, used a Lamborghini 6.0 Liter V12 from the Diablo. Those were actually manual transmission cars. How the hell can you justify to yourself buying a $450k exotic monster and when you want to take it out, you simply put it in drive and go. YUCK! Just my opinion though. Hehehe

Laters,

Brian

Back