couldn't swing it

I've been wanting a GT40 for decades.. Been lurking here for years and up to a year or so ago thought I might be able to pull it off. Seriously looked at RCR & DBR.... Came to the conclusion it would take too much sacrifice from family so it's probably another 5 to 10 years away (when kids should be gone).

But all is not lost and I think this car will satisfy my spirited Sunday drives and occasional track days. While not a coupe (with A/C) it is 1200lbs/240hp in reliable stock honda trim. Easily 300hp at rear wheels with supercharger. And short of top speed, it should be all over you guys in the turns.

I haven't lost hope and I'll still pop in to drool but I've given up the sportbike (just too easy to go crazy fast) and need something now to fill the need.
I should have it, in black, by the end of the year. Hopefully you'll see it at Willowsprings or Buttonwillow raceways next year,

Take care guys

Attachments

• Copy (2) of lotus 7 orange 1.jpg
    Copy (2) of lotus 7 orange 1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 466
  • Copy (2) of lotus 7 orange 12.jpg
    Copy (2) of lotus 7 orange 12.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 494
  • Copy (2) of lotus 7 orange 8.jpg
    Copy (2) of lotus 7 orange 8.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 429
  • Copy of lotus 7.jpg
    Copy of lotus 7.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 448

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Kirk, that is a sweet looking little car & should go like hell !

(What type of car is it ? )

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Kirk,

Been in the same boat, man - college will be over before you know it!

Even if taking the plunge will have to wait 5 to 10 years, if you're serious about building your own 40 I would humbly yet strongly suggest you start gathering some of the other rare bits - if that's how you want to finish out your build, that is. Locating some of these little items is anything but easy, and you may be surprised as to how much time and effort it takes to get your hands on some of these pieces. A great time to start would be now.

On the other hand, many of the packages available today, which are remarkably complete, are produced by companies that offer some serious customer support. By the time your checkbook has recovered, you're choices should be top shelf!

Nice ride, by the way. Caterham?

Best,

T.

Ron Earp

Admin
Nice car and I've always wanted something similar. I hate to say it, but I think you'll have more fun on track with that than a 40. Light makes right. As with the other fellows, what kind is that? I've not seen one like that before and I like the smooth lines on the side.

Ron

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
That is a very nice bit of gear. You will have lots of fun with it. I also got rid of my sports bike, a Honda VTR1000 for similiar reasons.
Like the others I am curious about the car who makes it?

Of all people, my insurance agent bought one of those (a gearhead his whole life). If in not mistaken the car is built in Texas .... I forget what it's called but my agent is a fanatic (he used to be a formula Pro Mazda racer) about details and if he says its cool and fast it is. I called him to freshen up my memory but I have not heard back yet.

Thanks guys... Mesa is right. Its an updated replica of a Lotus 7 called S2K. Made by

World Class Motorsports

I had a Lotus Europa 20yrs ago and liked the light weight of it (didn't like the Renault motor...).
Anyway, mine is being built and we found a 2005 honda S2000 motor with only 2000 miles on it. Should be trouble free & fast

Great combination Kirk, the Honda engine is dead nuts reliable to boot!
S2K makes a very nice bit of kit IMO.

Back