Right or Left?

Keith

OK guys. I have been staring at this pic for hours and can't make it change direction so I'm a bit dubious about the statements below. But, knowing that there's some mighty dexterous folks on here who love to peruse the fermale form, this time at least, there's a scientific reason for it.

I see her clock-wise. Anyone out there see her differently - or, more importantly, anyone out there see her both ways?

(If your other half catches you staring at her intently, tell her it's an Important Experiment that will help you focus better for safer driving....)rockonsmile

RIGHT OR LEFT?

this is probably the best visual illusion I've ever seen.
below is a figure of a woman spinning.
to some of you, she is spinning counter-clockwise.
to others she is spinning clockwise.
your mind's perception of which direction she is spinning is guided by the dominant hemisphere of your brain.
right-brain people see clockwise
left-brain people see counter-clockwise.
which one do you see?
and if you focus, you can make her change direction.......
0,,5687820,00.gif
LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe
RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

:)

Both Ways..........

Use the slide bar, or scroll button on your mouse to shake her up and down, even off the screen if necessary, then she should flip to the other direction occasionally. You have to do it quite quick so she blurs up a bit.

Basically you are resetting your brain when you do this so it computes it fresh.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I can see it both directions. I got it to change by looking at the hand or foot as it went through the rearward motion and it then will appear as if it moves the other way.

Keith

Waaayhay! Got it. It was the "foot round the back" ploy that finally did it for me. Thanks Woodz.

That is sure some great illusion though....

Ron Earp

Admin
That is an awesome image! It changes direction for me about every time I look away and come back to it, same for a couple of the other family members I tried it on. Really neat although I'm more than a bit skeptical that perception of it means much of anything about your left/right "brainess".

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
whoooh...that's kinda cool. She was going anti only for the longest time, I were convinced you guys was wacko. Then I stared at the shadow for a minute, when I looked back up...... she's going clockwise. Cool...

Starts out counter-clock wise or to the left, and then changes clock-wise or to the right. I looked away for a second, and when I focused back on the image, it was going counter-clock wise.

Not sure what makes it change, but if I can do that with the image in this thread, I want to find out how the hell I can see Sarurdays Loto Numbers. I have my eye on a few toys, and eye power right now would be a good thing:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:Oh ya...........

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I managed to get her to spin either way - just by concentrating on her foot & willing it to rotate one way or the other. Does that mean what I think - "left brain" part time + "right brain" part time ==> one cancels the other out & thus, I have no brain !!

I suspect that it is true, as I had to read what I wrote above in order to remember what I wrote above - 'tis a worry (when I remember to worry) !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Cool! - managed to get it to turn both ways, although predominantly it be anticlockwise. One thing that made it more difficult is thinking which leg is raised. If you think its her right it goes one way, if you think left, it goes the other...

Keith

I didn't think it would be too long before someone "lifted her leg(s)" boomsmile

As a matter of interest, if you see it predominately as CCW does that mean you are left handed and viccy vercky?

I originally and predominately saw it as CW and I am SO right handed and so that fits the premise.

What about others? This is a fascinating insight to how the brain works....:)

Keith

Ok so it's simply a matter of how your brain interprets the image, and so the theory of it as an indicator of handedness is, at the moment as Ron says, dubious.

However, the "Right Brain" description fits me to a T especially the bits about "Fantasy" and "Risk Taking" :D

A dangerous combination if ever there was......

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I was going to say that all I can see is Tits - now you see them, now you don't...
but the rotation can be either way without any thing to trigger it. I can watch it changing every 180 degrees if I so choose. Oh well, does this mean terminal decline?

cw and ccw at the same time, does this make me a freak?:lol: if you look at the legs it's easy to switch. head or feet only I see it cw

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
It's really a classic illusion. I've seen it on other subjects. The shadow look gives no reference point so it can appear as if it goes in either direction. I think it was something I learned in High School art.

Back