Ducati 1098S vs. Ford GT

Keith

Hasn't Michael Czysz designed and built his own revolutionary Superbike recently? If so, I wonder why he didn't use that........

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
A bit bloody out of order taking a dump on the track. I hope he cleaned it up later.boomsmile

Talking to Doug later, the game was done before it started. “I caught them by the chicane and rode their tail until passing them on the back straight while leaving a darkie.”

Fun -
Portland has a REALLY long straight, and the back straight is about 2/3 as long as the front so it's not your typical RR track. A bike is going to KILL a car on the gas (my Suzuki 1000 race prepped bike has ratio of 0.5hp per pound) so the GT would need about 1,500hp to come close on the straights! Doug was on slicks, the GT on street tires, BIG difference at least when it comes to car tires. Street cars vs street bikes the bike should win - race bikes vs race cars, the cars will kick butt. Street Sportbikes are so close to Race Superbikes in performance that relatively little needs to be done to race them. On the other hand that GT would be gutted and a TON of money thrown at it while making it WAY faster than a street GT ever was.

No telling what Czyz skill is in a car........no doubt what Doug's skills are on a bike.

Last edited:
Back