Anyone wanna help me out with a strange request?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Ok,
I'm going to be getting married in August to my wonderful fiance'. My dream is to drive away from the reception in a Ferrari. I know that probably isn't going to happen because although I do know a few people with them, I doubt they'd be up to letting me use it to drive away for like a mile or 2, I don't know them that well. It's not like I'm the type of guy who's going to take off and never come back. Anyway, I was laying awake last night thinking about all the stuff we have to do for our wedding and I was thinking about renting one. Not really in our budget though since I've been laid off 4 times this year, money is understandably tight. Then I thought, "hell one of the GT40 guys may be willing to let me use their car to drive away." Now, I know that's a tall order. As I said, it's just a strange request but one worth making. Anyone wanna come to Austin, TX and enjoy my wedding in August and allow me to drive away in your GT40 from my reception? I do have full coverage insurance and I'm a very responsible person. It would only be for maybe a mile if you're extremely worried. We would work out details and all that once someone was gracious enough to step forward and help me out. Plus it'd be a really fun time at my wedding. Haha Anyway, I know it's a tall order and huge request but I figured I could give it a shot and worst case scenerio we drive away in her F150 or my Crown Victoria. Hahaha

Let me know!!

Brian

Brian Hamilton

Ferrari F40 would be my #1 choice. In only know 2 people who have those or have access to them. They're kinda snooty too. Haha The GT40 is my first choice for an attainable option. :p:

Brian Hamilton

Yeah I was just thinking about that. I'm 6' 2" and my bride to be is 6' even. I guess we're both "long & tall". Haha

Here we are...

l_191063132ea3ba2abbee52f2d7313b5d.jpg

This was at a friend of mine's wedding.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Congrats, Brian! Hey--the two of you in a Superlite ought to be a just right fit, don't you think?

You mentioned getting laid off 4 times--are you jobless again? Just wondering, you know why.......

Doug

hire for hire..take a 599 Fiorano, a great choiche, a great car, also not so looking sticktly racear as an f40 could be (I dunno if wife can love so much as WE do here..).
How about also a Maserati gran Turismo?...it is wonderful and too elegant..

Brian Hamilton

Doug,
I kinda got laid off. They can't afford to pay my hourly rate so I just don't go in. Haha I still do marketing and am still working with kit manufacturers trying to drum up business but the auto business as a whole in this area is down to almost nothing!! EVERYONE is slow from the oil change shops to the dealerships. I do have my eyes open for something better but I will always refer performance business to my old shop Motion Dynamics. The right people, tools, and knowledge are all there.
Anyways, off that rant.
Yeah I actually think I'm going to have to compromise and get a Jaguar XKR or XK Convertible. That's my honey's dream car. Now I gotta find a local place to rent one. I wonder if the Jag dealer down the street would let us test drive one for the weekend... Guess we gotta act like we're gonna buy it. Hahaha

Guess we gotta act like we're gonna buy it. Hahaha
I wouldn't lead with the "laid off for the 4th time" line then ;). My $.02, it's more important who you are with than what you are driving. Pull away from the reception on a mule, the leather doesn't come any fresher. My wife and I left our reception in the back of a friends car on our way to a bar to keep the party going. (My car was at home since I didn't drive to the church.) I never gave a thought to trying to make some grand impression by leaving the scene in a borrowed or rented "prop". Besides, nothing is more embarrassing than stalling out while everyone is waiving you off.

Doug,
I hope it works out for you in your car search. I had something like this in mind for my wedding. I had a bunch of cobras lined up for the wedding party to drive off in (Including 2 originals.) Everything was looking great..... until the forcast came out. Ended up raining the day of. So needless to say it didn't end up happening.
Regardless, wedding went off fantastically and we couldn't be happier. Now my plan is for my 5 month old to go for a ride in one of the race cars as soon as I can get his carseat past tech. LOL

Brian Hamilton

Yeah I know you're supposed to be happy with all the people rather than the car, but come on. We're car guys. I always said I wanted to leave my wedding in a Ferrari F40. Of course I always said it would be mine too, we all see how that's turned out... But I think the Jag is attainable and my bride to be loves the idea. That's her dream car. Plus it may better accomidate our 6'+ behinds.

I'm with Brian on this one. If I lived closer, I'd let you take my Daytona Coupe. Here's a picture:

Coupe10-14-06001.jpg

Coupe10-14-06005.jpg

Sorry to be such a tease! The GT40 is still under construction.

Brian Hamilton

Mr. Reid....
That's just evil. :eek: I do know Jim Creel who is the Superformance rep for this area... He has a MkII GT40 and a Daytona Coupe. Hhhmmmm May have to call in a favor. Maybe. More likely we'll be rolling in a Jag though. Hehe

Or my Vic the way things are going. boomsmile

Back