Politics, Christmas, and wankers.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
In the airline lounge at Heathrow Airport I just saw Christmas cake
labelled as Holiday Fruitcake.

I am getting so pissed off about political correctness.

It's Christmas you wankers.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dave can say wanker. He's not PC.

In fact we should all start a rebellion. Sort of civil disobedience outbreak WRT all things PC.

I think we should compile a list of acts of defiance. I'll start the ball rolling with a couple of suggestions....

Hang up nude calenders at work, and at home if it comes to that.
Tell anyone who objects, to "fuck off and get a life".
Give our kids Golliwogs for Christmas.
Call PC wankers "PC wankers"

etc etc

I'm sure there's lots more suggestions out there.....

Okay, here's my contribution...

You're not vertically limited...you're short
You're not folicly challenged...you're bald
You're kid didn't make the football team because he sucks at playing the game
Santa Claus says ho, ho, ho you uptight asshole

I would like to point out that the above rant is not intended to offend anyone, not to inflict any mental or psychological harm, or meant as a true representation of my or anyone else's true feelings...if you believe that then fuck off!

I've just interviewed a girl for a job at my firm. I was told by our head of Human Resources that I couldn't ask her age - because it could have been deemed age discrimination. Presumably in the UK we are now recruiting 90 year old firefighters and 85 year old ambulance drivers, so you may want to avoid setting fire to yourself or crashing your car as the emergency services could take slightly longer to get to you in future.

I had a copy of her CV in front of me, which made no reference to her date of birth (presumably she was aware of the correct PC protocol here). It did however say that she left school in 2001 - which in the UK means that she is either going to be 16 (pre-A levels) or 18 (post-A levels). A rudimentary calculation lead me to conclude that she would therefore either be 22 or 24; so enough to get a rough idea then, and to use for comparison against that girl who I interviewed last Friday who was either 25 or 27.

My point is that it has just taken me 2 minutes to work this all out, whereas it would have taken me 2 seconds to read it if some government half wit hadn't have deemed it inappropriate for me to know such a trivial piece of information. My major problem with the whole PC revolution is that it merely serves to slow down every single process which it is associated with. Therefore, we no longer have shop helpers (2 words), we have trainee customer service representatives (4 words) and we have visually impaired assistance dogs (4 words) rather than guide dogs (2 words).

Why? Could it possibly be something to do with keeping an army of civil servants and petty minded bureaucrats (actually, same thing isn't it?) in a job?

Simon
(Age 33)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The BBC have just banned the word Faggot from being broadcast in a song by
Kirsty McCall.
To many faggots in the BBC.
PC is another form on censorship.

Keith

What a load of Plonkers!

Everybody knows they were singing about the humble Meatball a delicious delicacy made with ground beef or a mix of ground beef and pork, mixed with breadcrumbs soaked in milk and finely chopped onions and seasoned with white pepper.

Anyway, those Faggots at the BBC couldn't tell their arses from their elbows. :mad:

Or maybe they can, after all, they've had plenty of practice (it is alleged) :D

Last edited:
It is funny how when we we growing up we had problems. The things you come up against and overcome.
Now we all have PC - issues you don't overcome or correct you just admit you have them.

It looks as though PCness has infected the whole world, from BBC and NBC to ABC . . . what's with the BC's? In the effort of the SP'rs to force everyone to be PC during this "holiday" season, the latest move to not OFFEND anyone by one our retailers in the U.S. is to market Christmas trees as Holiday trees. What's next . . . global warming?

Last edited:
To each his own.

To All My Democrat Friends: Please accept with no
obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for
an environmentally conscious, socially responsible,
low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral
celebration of the winter solstice holiday,
practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of
the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular
practices of your choice, with respect for the
religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of
others, or their choice not to practice religious or
secular traditions at all. I also wish you a
fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and
medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of
the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not
without due respect for the calendars of choice of
other cultures whose contributions to society have
helped make America great. Not to imply that America
is necessarily greater than any other country nor
the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also,
this wish is made without regard to the race, creed,
color, age, physical ability, religious faith or
sexual preference of the wishee.

To My Republican Friends: Merry Christmas and a
Happy New Year!

David: Is this defintion of a wonker correct as given in Wikipedia, i.e., Wanker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The word has developed a metaphorical usage, in which to wank or to be a wanker implies egotistical and self-indulgent behaviour. This is the dominant meaning in Australia.[5] It can be used in this sense in other reasons but it is also used as a more general insult. This meaning is used in phrases like smug wanker, egotistical wanker or pretentious wanker.[6] Wanker is sometimes used to refer to a person in the same way as snob for subjects perceived as pretentious; for instance, wine wanker, fashion wanker, car wanker.[7] This meaning is shown in "Whatareya?", a song by TISM, which contrasts "yobs" (uncouth working class) to "wankers" (which according to the context means pretentious intellectuals). In the United States the current usage of the term is more in reference to the person being an idiot or moron, as opposed to the standard dick or jerk synonym in other countries."

Is that hand jesture illustrated in Wikipedia really used as opposed to the "Bird" used in the U.S. when showing our displeasure to a jerk, or as you would say, wonker. Whatever, we certainly have no shortage of wonkers on this side of the globe.

The BBC have just banned the word Faggot from being broadcast in a song by
Kirsty McCall.
To many faggots in the BBC.
PC is another form on censorship.

Well someone at the BEEB is awake for a change...I heard on R4 on the way home this evening that due to over 2500 complaints about the banning of the record for using both Faggot and Slut, they've now changed their minds and the original un-censored version is now back on the allowed playlist.

Politicians and censors, they all talk bollocks!

Keith

Hooray!

It's an Irish thing anyway - not the definition they put on it... ignorant buggers.

Funnily enough, it was only Radio 1. Radio 2 played it all morning....:)

Back