Musical Santa Claus Came Early!

Ron Earp

Admin
Santa Claus came a bit early this year and brought me a Gibson Les Paul Custom, early 70s model. I've been looking at electrics on and off for about a year and Jeff found this one for me and convinced me I should get it. So a bunch of benjamins later it is a Merry Christmas to me present!

I'm pretty excited about it! The local Les Paul expert says it plays extremely well, although I'm still too much of a hack to really know the difference. Maybe over 2008 I can better my guitar skills, or at least quit making the cat run and hide!

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 223

Ron Earp

Admin
As a matter of fact I do!

Today for our Xmas dinner we're having grilled KC strip steaks, panned and grilled shrimp, twice baked potatoes, some homemade rice pilaf, mixed vegetables, and a bunch of other stuff. I can't take credit for all of that though, just the good stuff!

Can't take credit for playing much guitar either!

Chris Kouba

Supporter
NICE Ron!

I had a 1980 custom just like that (got stolen though) with uncovered humbuckers in both slots. That bridge PU was a SCREAMER! Looks like you've got a great combination there.

I still have two Pauls- a gold top and a sunburst- and love them dearly but if you ever get a chance to play a Guild Bluesbird, I HIGHLY recommend them. I discovered them basically by accident and they are fantastic. I added a Bigsby to an otherwise gorgeous stock guitar and LOVE it. I was totally a Gibson dork until I played one and think the world of it (read: casually looking for a second one).

Merry Christmas indeed. Rock on!

First pic is off the net, second is mine (I'm in the hat on left):

1473398749_6e565dbe54_b.jpg

Attachments

• aIMG_0028-crop.jpg
    aIMG_0028-crop.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 193
Back