SA's fastest barstool.

SA's fastest barstool.

By way of light amusement, and to prove I can actually finish something.....

I built this a while ago, and have taken advantage of the holidays to rebuild it after having the chassis powder coated and some bits chromed. It goes very well, although the handling could be described as twitchy with definite power on understeer. :D

The frame is a discarded kart chassis I was given, which I narrowed and shortened. The Honda 200 cc motor and rear axle are as used in indoor karts. Wheels and some other bits I had lying around the garage from my Karting days. I had to buy industrial sprockets and chain. The barstool I bought at a supermarket and the steering wheel is from a local "go faster" shop.

Cheers

Fred W B

BS1.JPG

bs%200001.jpg

bs%200002.jpg

bs%200003.jpg

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Fred,

Tricky!!

You're not worried about the high CoG? Or the aero?

If you do away with the governor link it will go faster but you better have a plentiful supply of GX200 rocker arms because they then become the rev limiter! They crack and reduce valve lift.

If you didn't spend time building that, then you might get that other project finished ;)

Hope you're getting some holidays so you can get some quality time on the T70.

Happy New Year,

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Good bit of work there Fred.... I think that she might be just a tad top-heavy though... :)

I bet holding a nice wheelie is pretty difficult?

I haven't tried that yet.....

If you didn't spend time building that, then you might get that other project finished ;)

Hope you're getting some holidays so you can get some quality time on the T70.

Yea, Yea, don't worry progress is slow but steady on the RHS now - but how many pictures can you post of foam and filler?

Cheers and Happy New Year all.

Fred W B

Not sure if you're serious with the question but if you are, it's Fred's scratch build of a T70 spider. Check it out here. Pretty impressive!

Happy holidays!

Chris,

Yes I am serious. I don't understand why you think I wasn't. Thanks for the link to Fred's build thread. Another talented member here on this forum. I wish I had the space to do a project like that.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
No worries, just wasn't sure if you really hadn't seen it before. I have been following Fred's T70 thread for a while and somewhat assumed you were teasing him because he should be working on that instead of the crazy little barstool.

It's a thread that I keep up to date with as he is doing some fantastic work. Along the same lines, if you're in to that scratch build thing (or at least spectating) I'd recommend also keeping an eye out on Des' GT90 thread.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Fred

Do not build any more bar stools.
EG... 6 bar stools, 6 freinds, beer, racing starts because we are men,end result tragedy.

Signed experianced.

Back