Chinese car crash! wow....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Probably made by the same company that just put a rocket into orbit... Pretty darned scary..

ok, BUT...if I am not wrong the second orange suv is anyway a GM/Isuzu project of 15 yrs ago.(sold in europe as opel Frontera..).

Crash test are always a fake,probably done just to show a "safety" that is just virtual.
No matter about the great progress during those years in active and passive safety, but unless we have Trucks around the streets (and who knows HOW those are done knows what I mean) we shall consider all the cars more or less at the same level.

In 3 years they will increase the speed of 5 km/h in crash experiments and all the parameters valid today will be changed at all (wasnt the VW Golf 3 the safest european car ever?..lets try test it today....and we still have those on the streets).

IMHO car crashes are ALWAYS a matter of fortune.

ok, BUT...if I am not wrong the second orange suv is anyway a GM/Isuzu project of 15 yrs ago.(sold in europe as opel Frontera..).

Crash test are always a fake,probably done just to show a "safety" that is just virtual.
No matter about the great progress during those years in active and passive safety, but unless we have Trucks around the streets (and who knows HOW those are done knows what I mean) we shall consider all the cars more or less at the same level.

In 3 years they will increase the speed of 5 km/h in crash experiments and all the parameters valid today will be changed at all (wasnt the VW Golf 3 the safest european car ever?..lets try test it today....and we still have those on the streets).

IMHO car crashes are ALWAYS a matter of fortune.

Wait, are you saying crash tests are pointless? And living though a crash is just a matter of luck?

hum, no John, I just think the "serious" ones shall be done in quite different conditions.
Quite surely we all drove shitty coffins as those chinese ones in the past,but we probably believe (at the time) they were safe enough,even more if they had a SUV or off road appearence.

Car crashes have usually a moltitude of events or strange point of impacts that are almost never tested in todays tests.
Sure..it is obvious modern cas are safer, but I think they are still not enough at the level commercials want us to believe they are.
An example, my convertible bmw has a safety system (a sort of roll bar) that should come out during a rollover.
I think that is just a "ghigliottina" for people sitted there in a tragic moment as a roll over with a cabrio car (as well as I dont dare to think at it with a Cobra..).
They say tis is one of the best safety system on a car,...unless u have the possibility to see a car as your one (my bmw) crashed, and THEN u see how much they cheat on this.

The only real SAFE cars in my opionons are only todays formula one.

Attachments

• 330_20050227_001.jpg
    330_20050227_001.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 314
:eek:I spent seven hours in a Chinese taxi with five guys from Hangzong to Chendo one night because a flight was canceled and thoughts about a crash like this went through my mind. Very scary over there once you get out of the larger cities.
Steve

Back