Ferrari 330P4 Kit

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Havent got the money for a 1:1 scale kit but hope springs eternal... have to settle for the 1:24 Fujimi kit.

Just have to wait 6 months for the engine upgrade kit from Historic Racing Minitures. Anybody got/building this?

Andy

Attachments

• ferrari 330p4.jpg
    ferrari 330p4.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 491
Buongiorno Andy,
The fujimi kit is a good model, I build several of theme.
The last is the one in the pictures enclosed.
If u are going to add the engine bay in the car u will not have the problem I had, cause I've noted there is too much empty space behind the rear wheels (and so it is better palce some black card paper inside the wheel arch).Hope u understand what I mean.

Just be careful also about the decals sheet, cause I dunno why some of the ones I sold had a crappy dry one (maybe made a scan before use it..so u will have at least a master to reprint).
Also be careful, finishing the car, about the setup of the vehicle, cause sometimes fujimi ones are wrong and too high.

Btw, I've finally also bought for myself the Mg Model 1/12 kit.
I was turning around her since some years...finally took it, and is a dream model (also if the setup is wrong also there..).
The price was an offense to humanity...but when u are in love u are also often a fool:D

P.S. : Note is also very very useful the .pdf file our JimJ6 post in Ferrari chat about the rebuild of his car,u will found a lot of cool documentation for a super detailed kit.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 494
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 442
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 449
  • DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 436

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Buongiorno Paolo,

Nice build..... I'm also green with envy as the MG model 330P4 is my dream kit to build. At the moment while waiting for my 1:1 engine I'm scratch building a 1:8 Honda RA273, starting with the engine. It will involve creating white metal castings but is fun doing it.

Andy

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Just for you Paolo....

Engine sump.... more to follow.... when I've made it, then create the casting dies then make the metal parts from the moulds. It only took 2 weeks to make this bit!!!!

At 1/8 scale the car will be about 2' long, the sump plate shown is 85mm x 31mm to give you an idea of size.

I think I started with one of the hardest parts.

Hows the 1/12 330P4??? Photos????

Andy

Attachments

• sump01.jpg
    sump01.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 293
  • sump02.jpg
    sump02.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 292
Back