Un PC Speech gets TV presenter arrested.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The 'Thought Police' are beginning to flex their muscles:

"If you are a black, vegetarian, Muslim, asylum-seeking, one-legged, lesbian lorry driver, I want the same rights as you." were the key words that got Robin Page arrested.
TV presenter awarded £2,000 compensation for arrest following 'one-legged, lesbian lorry driver' speech.

Former One Man And His Dog presenter Page has been awarded £2,000 in compensation after he was wrongly arrested for stirring up racial hatred.
Page, 64, was taken in for police questioning after his pro-hunting speech at a Gloucester country fair in September 2002.
At a gathering in Frampton-Upon-Severn, Page began his speech by saying, "If you are a black, vegetarian, Muslim, asylum-seeking, one-legged, lesbian lorry driver, I want the same rights as you."
The former South Cambridgeshire district councillor insisted he heard no discontent among listeners of his speech, but was stunned when he was arrested the following month after police followed up a letter of complaint.

Five months after his arrest, Page was taken to a police station for questioning. After Page refused to answer any questions without a lawyer present, police threatened to jail him, so he relented 40 minutes later.
Mr Page said: "I was told I had committed a 'hate crime', interviewed under caution and given police bail."
Despite his arrest, no charges were brought against Mr Page.
However, Mr Page discovered his name was on a 'Homophobic Incidents Register' after seeking out documents under Freedom of Information.
Mr Page said: "I believe I have scored a significant victory over the ludicrous and sinister politically correct 'hate crime' culture that is currently doing so much to prevent free speech in this country.
"How can you be included on a homophobic incident record for using the word lesbian once in a speech? It is just incredible. Political correctness is the new McCarthyism.
"Thank goodness for the Data Protection Act and my advice to anybody who feels that they have been stitched up is to use the Act to get to the real facts.
"It is absolutely outrageous. In my view it clearly shows that I was arrested for political reasons simply because my views on the countryside were not appreciated. I was not guilty of any crime."
Mr Page, who is currently battling prostate cancer, said he plans to take his case to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
A spokeswoman for Gloucestershire Police said: "Our insurers made an offer to Mr Page for a relatively small amount, which was accepted, and we feel this is appropriate in the circumstances."

What the fuck.....:dead::dead::dead::dead:

Yes quite.
Yet according to the radio today, a convicted sex attacker can legally change his name and not be traced (he committed a murder under his new name) by the police.
It defies belief!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Careful David, keep reporting this stuff and you will go on the data base for very un PC offenders.:D
I guess the good news is the guy got compensated (out of the public purse I assume) for wrongful arrest.

It goes on, right now in this country a 16 year old kid who threw a party for 500 while his parents were away and wrecked he family home, is becoming a cult figure, getting fan mail and offers to appear on T.V.
Go figure.:shrug:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Yes - out of the public purse. These 'THOUGHT POLICE' will be ruling the roost until
somebody starts to realise where all this PC shit is leading. I think there may well be some violent protests in the mean time.

Careful David, keep reporting this stuff and you will go on the data base for very un PC offenders.:D
I guess the good news is the guy got compensated (out of the public purse I assume) for wrongful arrest.

It goes on, right now in this country a 16 year old kid who threw a party for 500 while his parents were away and wrecked he family home, is becoming a cult figure, getting fan mail and offers to appear on T.V.
Go figure.:shrug:

Yep saw that - A Joe Corey? - the monitors were showing him on Sky news every bloody 15 mins at the Gym this evening.... You'd think there was something more interesting to report wouldnt you. Like the low pay awards proposed for teachers and police.... don't get me started...:mad:

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Yes - out of the public purse. These 'THOUGHT POLICE' will be ruling the roost until
somebody starts to realise where all this PC shit is leading. I think there may well be some violent protests in the mean time.

It's not a lot better here David.

Strange thing is I've never heard anyone that I talk to say they agree with this crap. So how come it's being foisted on the general populace by beaurocrats from above.

Who pays their bloody salaries? We do! Perhaps we need a civil disobedience thing and refuse to pay our taxes!

I think Marks right! But not only Limey Land!

Cheers

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Moved post.......my brain is 1 or 2 posts behind...!!!

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Agreed we do get the politicians we deserve, but the problem is independents do not have the clout to get any changes made, catch 22?

We had a redneck right wing politically very incorrect person in Queensland who started her own party and got elected.
She scared the shit out of the establishment and the "boys" got her big time. She ended up in jail on trumped up charges and has since been exonerated. But that is what happens when you try and fight City Hall, you get hammered.:mad:

Back