What's it like? The Revival I mean...

Am thinking of going to the Goodwood Revival for the first time this year. Girlfriend Kate is keen and fancies dressing up in fifties gear. But I have reservations.

One it's quite expensive to go for the whole weekend - which is the main option as it is quite a trek from Norfolk. Also how crowded does it get?

I don't do crowds very well, one reason why I have never been to the British Grand Prix. The Brands Historic and Silverstone Classic are about as busy as I like.

Thirdly will I like the racing? I really prefer cars from the very late sixties to early seventies.

I would appreciate some advice....

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Ken, if you think it is a long way from Norfolk, try going there from Oz !!

I am booked in & I see it as a "once in a lifetime" experience - I am going with a photo/journalist mate who has done the pilgrimage for years. The pics & videos that he comes back with were finally too much to resist !!

To avoid the crowds, just cough up some big bucks to join the Goodwood Revival Racing Club & you'll be able to "take tea" with Lord March on the lawns & quaff the free Veuve Cliquot !!

See you there !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

I went several years ago when we lived in London and I agree with Peter, once in a lifetime (unless you are lucky enough to go more). There are a lot of people, but some of the vintage racing will be exactly what you are looking for. Also, plenty of vintage memorabilia and collectables, and you can get up close to some of the cars. We were lucky enough to have pretty good seats for one of the races with cobras and several Daytona Coupes. All in all, a fantastic weekend even though the dollar to pound exchange rate made it even more expensive for us.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Pete - not an issue. All my "good gear" from that era was unceremoniously trashed by my good wife (& she's still trying to drag me into the 21st century, fashion-wise) !!

So I'll see what Vinnies has to offer, or maybe follow my photographer mate Sam's lead & get a family kilt (McWhirter). Sam Snape (cousin of Greg Snape who owns the awsome Keift F1 car) always wears his kilt & all the other Scottish bits & pieces - BUT - topped off with an Akubra !! Always get a laugh, & lets him talk his way into anywhere !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Back